South Carolina ranked 14th place...

hp-hobo

We need to do better!
"A Shall-Issue CCW state with no open carry allowed. South Carolina has no restrictions on MSRs, magazine capacity, or Class 3 weapon ownership. The state’s Stand Your Ground law was recently enacted. In addition, 42 percent of residents are gun owners, ranking South Carolina 18th in the nation."
Read more: G&A Ranks the Best States for Gun Owners in 2013 - Guns & Ammo

I am in more in concurrence with the ranking than not. I don't think Texas should be that high considering the cases they've had with stand your ground type cases. I guess we will find out about Florida eventually, but how the state DA handled Zimmerman should have brought their ranking down.

Besides from open carry, carrying in places that serve alcohol, what else is proposed.
Maybe getting anti-2A elected officials out of office, this is the year to take notice.

I don't think SC should be that high considering the number of places one cannot carry, even with a permission slip. A simple comparison against the other state I'm most familiar with suggests their criteria for the CC/OC category is out to lunch. Virginia should have a score in the CC/OC category that is twice as high as SC because you can CC/OC in restaurants and government buildings, signs don't have the force of law, and the government is not allowed to fingerprint you like a criminal if you apply for a concealed carry permit.

Yes we can do and deserve better.

G&A got IL wrong, SBRs are legal (had to backdoor the hell outta that bill to get it past Madigan). AOWs are not legal AFAIK. Everyone's like "oh yeah IL will have a carry law now since a federal court told them to." Yeah like how CA7 told Chicago that banning gun ranges in Chicago is unconstitutional yet they've rewritten the statute 3 times and it's still unconstitutional. Right. Hey at least I don't live in DC, NY, NJ, MA, HA, or CA.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

SC ranking is lower than VA in CC. Where SC does better are in types of weapon and firearm accessory restrictions.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back