South Carolina permits

nybuckboy

So only residents of SC can have a CCP and the only others are people with second residents. There is no other way as I don't see reciprocity with a FL, UT or any other state. Am I correct on this?

SC has reciprocity with FL out of state permits. Where are you looking?

Download the USCCA app and you can see all the states.

SC honors resident only permits from the following states; Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Missouri, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, West Virginia, Wyoming.

They do NOT honor any non-resident permits.

So being from NY State I can not legally CC in SC. I can have the gun in my car in the glove box or in luggage but can not conceal carry the gun around. It could be in my luggage and carried into a hotel but not on my person.

So being from NY State I can not legally CC in SC. I can have the gun in my car in the glove box or in luggage but can not conceal carry the gun around. It could be in my luggage and carried into a hotel but not on my person.

That's about it. We could go into a lengthy discourse about where an unlicensed person can carry, but I doubt you will be in any of the situations for it to matter, so..........Leave it locked up except if you go to a range. Now if you carry under HR218, your good to go,

But keep in mind that no one from any of the 49 other states with a permit can carry a gun in your state, and may be able to transport it through your state, if they don't get stopped for anything else. Fix your state before your criticize other states.

But keep in mind that no one from any of the 49 other states with a permit can carry a gun in your state, and may be able to transport it through your state, if they don't get stopped for anything else. Fix your state before your criticize other states.

Good point... not really criticizing the state of SC, just looking at options for when I travel... and NY has no reciprocity with no one and you do know that I have no control over the laws of my state... right! :frown:

Good point... not really criticizing the state of SC, just looking at options for when I travel... and NY has no reciprocity with no one and you do know that I have no control over the laws of my state... right! :frown:

NYS also has a permitting system for the mere possession of a handgun and ignores FOPA. Learn how to get involved with your state's legislature. You do have control over the laws of your state, if you chose to assert it.

You vote? You contact your elected leaders to express your opinion? Right?

You vote? You contact your elected leaders to express your opinion? Right?

I think South Carolina recognizes about 33 states now. They were in the process of increasing the recognition but I don't know if it is signed into law now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XD40scinNC is correct according to the SLED website. I was adding in carry states that don't require a permit in the first place which are:

The following states have permitless carry which allows anyone that can legally possess a firearm carry concealed: Alaska, Arizona, Kansas, Maine, Mississippi, Vermont, West Virginia. Some restrictions may apply. Check each state for its own restrictions.

The above comes from USA Carry.

My number of 33 is wrong.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

XD40scinNC is correct according to the SLED website. I was adding in carry states that don't require a permit in the first place which are:

The following states have permitless carry which allows anyone that can legally possess a firearm carry concealed: Alaska, Arizona, Kansas, Maine, Mississippi, Vermont, West Virginia. Some restrictions may apply. Check each state for its own restrictions.

The above comes from USA Carry.

My number of 33 is wrong.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Then it would be up to residents of these states to obtain a permit from a state that offers non-resident permits, plus most of those states are continuing the permit process for residents that want to carry in states the honor their permit.

Look at the map for NC, the only state not honored it VT. Why? no one has a VT permit, they don't exist.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back