So the wife gets pulled over today.....

Darrint

My wife got pulled over today by a local town LEO for speeding, after he pulled her over he sat in his car for what she thought was an unordinarily long time, on his way up to the car he stops a few feet back and asks her if she has any weapons in the car. She told him no and he went ahead and wrote her a ticket but seemed very nervous. Now we currently live in Ohio and applied for the Florida CCW 2 months ago but have not yet received them in the mail. She never asked him why he asked but I am curious if Florida has approved her CCW and sent that information to Ohio. I was told they would not report her permit to Ohio but maybe was told wrong. Hopefully this means that they are on their way in the mail.

I don't believe they share that information so I wouldn't worry about it. I have 3 CCW's from other states. Sometimes, they just ask that question.

Cool, thanks Woodie, I was hoping it was a precursor to me finally receiving my permit. Should be here soon.

Fla would have sent a request to your local County/Town LEO's for any wants & warrants. They would have also requested any history against either one of you that would prohibit them for issuing. Hence the possible hit on their system. Kind of like a hit on your credit history when you apply for a loan. NOW I'm not saying that their system records queries but just a possibility.

Since you didn't get an Ohio CHL, I am assuming you and your wife have not taken the 12 hour course that Ohio requires. If you haven't, I urge you to get very familiar with Ohio's gun laws.

Do you know what the forbidden carry zones are?
Do you know when you are required to notify LEO and when you don't need to?
Do you know how private property "no guns" signs work in Ohio?
Are you aware that an Ohio CHL exempts you from the federal gun free school zone law, but your Florida license does not?

The Ohio Attorney General's CCW manual is a good starting resource which you can download from the AG's web site:

http://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov/

Since you didn't get an Ohio CHL, I am assuming you and your wife have not taken the 12 hour course that Ohio requires. If you haven't, I urge you to get very familiar with Ohio's gun laws.

Do you know what the forbidden carry zones are?
Do you know when you are required to notify LEO and when you don't need to?
Do you know how private property "no guns" signs work in Ohio?
Are you aware that an Ohio CHL exempts you from the federal gun free school zone law, but your Florida license does not?

The Ohio Attorney General's CCW manual is a good starting resource which you can download from the AG's web site:

http://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov/

No we did take the class together, Florida requires the class too, even though because of my military background I didn't really need to. Was fun to take it with the wife, got a couples discount and learned a lot in the process. Mainly applied for the Fl instead of the Oh permit because. 1. I was able to submit my application prior to taking the course because Fl exempts military and veterans from having to take it. 2. It covers more states than Ohio's 3. It is good for seven years not four. and 4. I was fairly certain that I would be moving out of the state in the next few months but not entirely sure where with Alabama being one of the possibilities and Alabama does not reciprocate Ohio's permit but it does Florida's. Well turns out we are leaving the state but moving to Tennessee where I will have 6 months to apply for their permit since they require all residents who carry to have the TN permit. Thanks for the responses, I find this forum to be my favorite for information on all things firearms.

My wife got pulled over today by a local town LEO for speeding, after he pulled her over he sat in his car for what she thought was an unordinarily long time, on his way up to the car he stops a few feet back and asks her if she has any weapons in the car. She told him no and he went ahead and wrote her a ticket but seemed very nervous. Now we currently live in Ohio and applied for the Florida CCW 2 months ago but have not yet received them in the mail. She never asked him why he asked but I am curious if Florida has approved her CCW and sent that information to Ohio. I was told they would not report her permit to Ohio but maybe was told wrong. Hopefully this means that they are on their way in the mail.
FLA would not send anything to anyone in OHIO, do you have a permit? I believe in many states permits are linked to DMV files

Received my FL permit in the mail today. Took 2 months and 3 days. I think Ohio's database may link to Fl's. That may be why my wife was asked but I have a good friend who is an Ohio state patrol trooper I'll ask him and let you know for sure.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back