Snohomish County Court House

truckinfavis

Hi, I carry a verity of handguns depending on the situation. A Sig p239, Glock 21, M&P 40, and a Kel Tech p32 with a belt clip. On this particular day I had a verity of appointments to make and one stop was at the Snohomish county Court house. I was wearing my Kel Tech P32 with a belt clip.I had a Sheriff come over as I have had to do before to open a lock box to allow me to store my firearm. But on this particular day I was informed by the officer, that I was not allowed to use the facilities to store my firearm, as a judge has change the rules and all firearms must be stored with a holster. The Washington code states that the courts will secure fire arms and says nothing about holsters. How is this possible?

In addition, the local legislative authority shall provide either a stationary locked box sufficient in size for pistols and key to a weapon owner for weapon storage, or shall designate an official to receive weapons for safekeeping, during the owner's visit to restricted areas of the building. The locked box or designated official shall be located within the same building used in connection with court proceedings. The local legislative authority shall be liable for any negligence causing damage to or loss of a weapon either placed in a locked box or left with an official during the owner's visit to restricted areas of the building.

The local judicial authority shall designate and clearly mark those areas where weapons are prohibited, and shall post notices at each entrance to the building of the prohibition against weapons in the restricted areas;

They are in violation of state law, RCW 9.41.290 as well as RCW 9.41.300. Simple as that. I would suggest you write to the State Legislature.

They are in violation of state law, RCW 9.41.290 as well as RCW 9.41.300. Simple as that. I would suggest you write to the State Legislature.

Thats is a joke tried it. Do you think that 3 sitting demoncrats Sells, Mcoy, Harper that do not like the 2A will help:shout:? ? IDK but this is a creep on a right that has gone to far.

Thats is a joke tried it. Do you think that 3 sitting demoncrats Sells, Mcoy, Harper that do not like the 2A will help:shout:? ? IDK but this is a creep on a right that has gone to far.

A couple years ago the Washington State Department of Licensing was requiring FFLs to complete the state Pistol Transfer Form and file it with them for the purchase of cap and ball revolvers even though cap and ball revolvers are specifically exempted from the form in the statute. I wrote to legislature and asked them why the DOL was wasting valuable scarce resources in requiring the form to be completed and tracking it in their database of handgun purchases when cap and ball revolvers were specifically exempted and if the legislature did not intend for cap and ball revolvers to be exempt, then why was it written into law?

The DOL supposedly answered the legislature's question to them by sending a memo to all Washington FFLs that the Pistol Transfer Form was not required for cap and ball revolvers, but they could complete it and send it in anyway, if they wanted to. The DOL sent me a copy of the memo that they supposedly sent to all FFLs, but when I asked three different FFLs if they had ever received the memo, none of them remembered ever having seen it before. One FFL made a copy of mine for his records and stopped doing the form.

Anyway.... another option would be to petition the next higher court over Snohomish County for a Writ of Mandamus which would be an order for the lower court to comply with state law under penalty of being found in contempt of the higher court's order.

I have joined up with the 2nd amendment foundation in Bellevue Wa, Ray Carter is on it. And to my surprise Mike Sells was a joy to talk to, he offered up John Koster’s number but he has not got back to me as of yet.

A: Although your State and local laws may vary, any firearm with a receiver actually made before Jan.
1, 1899 is legally "antique." and not considered a "firearm" under Federal law. This refers to the actual
date of manufacture of the receiver/frame, not just model year or patent date marked. (For example,
only low serial number Winchester Model 1894 lever actions are actually antique.) No FFL is required
to buy or sell antiques across state lines-- they are in the same legal category as a muzzle-loading
replica. Think of it as the last bastion of gun ownership privacy.

I tried to get Snohomish County Sheriff's Department to realize that two women murdered in 2006 were killed by a serial killer. I know who the killer is and have proof he is a serial killer but it won't stand up in court. I guess it doesn't matter because they ignore the killer who has killed since then also. This killer has three college degrees and a genius IQ and will never be caught. He first killed in 1970 and will die of natural causes without ever seeing prison. So much for Snohomish.
:big_boss:

Well after getting a hold of the 2ndA foundation yesterday I was contacted today. I was assured that, barring someone from using facilities due to the lack of having holster, will not happen again. But we will see. I guess that their concern if for theirs and public safety, as negligent discharges do happen, but have never occurred there.

Well after getting a hold of the 2ndA foundation yesterday I was contacted today. I was assured that, barring someone from using facilities due to the lack of having holster, will not happen again. But we will see. I guess that their concern if for theirs and public safety, as negligent discharges do happen, but have never occurred there.

I do agree that having a gun in a holster while it is being handled or transported is safer. I can't carry my gun at work so I keep it in a small safe under my car seat. I take it from the safe in my closet and put it straight into a holster then into my backpack and then into my car. When I get to work it goes under my seat. Maybe some of the ham handed folks who work at the courthouse carelessly handle the secured firearms when returning them to the owner. Still that is no reason to deny your rights. A better solution would be to fire those people and hire someone who has the mental capacity to handle a firearm properly.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back