Smartcarry variations

SC Tiger

I am considering a smartcarry for my Ruger LCP w/Crimson Trace laser. I saw on their website that they have several variations. I was hoping to get some information from people with experience with these. Here are my questions:

Is the "security" model with the pocket behind the holster bulkier than the standard model? Do you notice a difference in comfort or concealability with it?

Can the same model carry an LCP w/Crimson Trace, a Smith and Wesson Model 60 or a Kahr PM-9 (not all at the same time of course)?

How comfortable are they in general? Do you need to increase your pants sizes to have room for it - especially with jeans?

Thanks in advance.

I wear a smart carry regularly for slacks, and carry IWB when I can wear jeans and an untucked shirt. The smart carry is surprisingly comfortable after you wear it for about 2 weeks. At first its a bit awkward. I have used it with jeans a few times, and it works, but comfort sometimes takes a back seat depending on what you're doing. I personally have to wear the smart carry down low and off towards my left leg. I carry a 1911, so when I put the smart carry in the middle as the instructions say, it's quite obvious. I know others that wear one and wear it off to the right, and that seems to work for them. I guess you just have to figure out how it would work for you, but it is definitely a comfortable option.

I am considering a smartcarry for my Ruger LCP w/Crimson Trace laser. I saw on their website that they have several variations. I was hoping to get some information from people with experience with these. Here are my questions:

Is the "security" model with the pocket behind the holster bulkier than the standard model? Do you notice a difference in comfort or concealability with it?

Can the same model carry an LCP w/Crimson Trace, a Smith and Wesson Model 60 or a Kahr PM-9 (not all at the same time of course)?

How comfortable are they in general? Do you need to increase your pants sizes to have room for it - especially with jeans?

Thanks in advance.

I don't currently use smartcarry, BUT a buddy at work has one and swears it the most comfortable holster he's ever used and you def can NOT see anything. I'm buying one for my G26. No question it would be completely invisible with an LCP in it.

As of around 3/10/11 I got my SmartCarry and It's awesome!!!! Very Comfortable!!! I got the Standard not the security.

Last edited:
I have carried my Keltec P3AT in the Smartcarry. Unless you get the small Smartcarry, the LCP will probably sit too low to easily draw quickly. Of course, the small one would probably not handle the larger weapons. So, the obvious answer is buy TWO!!:biggrin:

Yes, I am one of the many enablers on this forum.:pleasantry:

My smartcarry was the 2nd concealed holster I bought. I usually wear an IWB.
I find the smartcarry extremely comfortable. I usually use it when concealment is absolutely needed.
Examples of absolutely?
  1. When I don't want to hear it.
  2. If I am in a business suit meeting customers.
  3. If I am jogging or bicycling.
You would be amazed at how comfortable it is while exercising.
You really don't need to buy bigger jeans as long as you're not wearing skin tight jeans. Buy the smart carry to fit the largest gun you will be carrying. I use a handkerchief pushed to the bottom of the pocket to make the holster fit my smaller snub revolver. Great holster but IMO not my primary one

Most other times I wear the IWB holster.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back