single clip IWB holster?

Uscgeng69

Anybody have pros/cons about single clip IWB holsters. I like the crossbreed holster with 2 clips but affordability is a concern at this moment. See many single clip IWB leather holsters available though at much lower prices. I know a quality holster is important so I just want to know what everyone thinks about a single clip holster. Just think comfort may be an issue. Thanks.

They're popular due to being less expensive and easy to take on and off. However in my experiance they generally carry poorly and as the single clip fatigues they have a tendency to to remain attached to the gun during a draw stroke done at speed.

That's what I was thinking, not carrying properly. I do however, hope to never have to pull my gun out at speed. That means I will have to use it. But I will if I have to. Maybe I'll just stick with my Fobus paddle for a while.

They're popular due to being less expensive and easy to take on and off. However in my experiance they generally carry poorly and as the single clip fatigues they have a tendency to to remain attached to the gun during a draw stroke done at speed.

Ive got a single clip IWB for my LCP, its a very stout metal clip. I ordered it off the net, don't remember from where, but its sometimes hard to take off my belt when im trying to take it off. I trust it 110%.

Second Clip/attaching point = more stability. Helps hold the grip at the same angle and at the same place on the belt. Distributes the weight and "tug" on the belt over a wider area. More of an issue with heavier, longer carry pieces than with lighter, shorter ones. A double-stack .45 (for instance) could best be carried with dual attachment points.

Single clip attached over the center of the carry piece makes for a bit thicker "lump" under your belt, all else being equal. That said, the thin, light single-stack .380 (or even 9mm) might be perfectly suited to carry with a single-attachment holster.

Take a look at High Noon Holsters in Florida, they have some very well contructed clip holsters. They are a reverse J type clip, therefore fatigue is never an issue. In fact it makes it a bit difficult to remove the holster, but is that a bad thing?
Follow link here: Hideaway w/clip

I have the Crossbreed Micro which has one belt clip (large nylon clip). It is very stable and has not given me any issues with position or retention. I drill with various methods because I sometimes tuck my shirt in with the clip as designed or sometimes just a loose tee-shirt. I think you would be happy with it depending on the position you intend to carry at. 2 clips are probably better, but the system is also bigger. Crossbreed has a lifetime warranty on their product. I've included a picture so you can see what it looks like with my G27. Good luck on your search. Link Removed

I have the kholster single maggie . At first I didnt like it but after wearing it for a while I got use to it and now I gave no issues with it.

If affordability is the issue just go get the quality holster now. you'll save money in the long run

Anybody have pros/cons about single clip IWB holsters. I like the crossbreed holster with 2 clips but affordability is a concern at this moment. See many single clip IWB leather holsters available though at much lower prices. I know a quality holster is important so I just want to know what everyone thinks about a single clip holster. Just think comfort may be an issue. Thanks.

Check out http://www.clevelandsholsters.com or Link Removed

Both make great, affordable, made in the USA lifetime guaranteed holsters that are hard to beat for quality, reliability and affordability.

I have several crossbreed holsters and not one is comfortable. I carry IWB at 3 o'clock and the edge of the leather pokes me in the side, and they make me sweat under the holster. I carry a j frame smith, a g26, kahr pm 9 in single clip kydex holsters. They are comfortable, retain the guns well, and do not print and do not move or shift. I usually carry IWB and the kydex is thinner, and lighter than leather. They are not real pricey. I have one ordered from FIST HOLSTERS. They are simple and do not have a lot of gadgets, seams, etc.

Good luck with your search.

The problem I find with single clip holsters is keeping them from tilting too much. I do have a fabric one that fits pretty snug, and that one seems to stay in place a little better. With two clips, I don't have to constantly "adjust" the piece every time I stand up or get out of the car.

Soapbox time:re your comment:[I do however, hope to never have to pull my gun out at speed.)

I personally think that presentation is quite important. It doesn't have to be blazing fast, but if it is smooth and you are confident in the draw, it will fill your hand before you know it. For me, I WANT to know that I will be able to get it into action as quickly as possible. I have retired more than one holster because I just could not get the gun out in very short order. You would be surprised at your increase in speed if you take the time to practice a few draws every time you put the gun on - especially if you change guns and holsters periodically.

Nuff said.

I use a Crossbreed when I carry my 1911 and love the comfort and fit but when I want lite weight I carry a Taurus TCP with a crimson laser, in a single clip fabric holster. I like the re-holster of the Crossbreed over the single clip holster. Its very hard sometime to get the gun back in the fabric holster. I find myself doing a dance in the parking lot after having to leave my gun in the trunk. I was listening to Tom Gresham's Gun Talk guntalk's Podcast interview on the Old Faithful Holster kit Inside Waistband Holsters - Conceal Carry Holsters - Appendix Carry Holsters - Cross Draw Holsters - Gun Belts , I ordered one and the price was about the same price I paid for the fabric holster. I'm really looking forward to my kit getting here in a lot less time then the Crossbreed took.

If price is a major factor (it was for me,) try Old Faithful Holsters. I got their kit and not only is it easy to put together, but it is real quality too. They also have pre-molded and finished versions as well for those who feel less confident in their own DIY skills. Great prices too!

I carry a Wather PPK/S .380acp. I use a DeSantis SOF-TUCK single clip hoster.
I ordered it directly from DeSantis Welcome to DeSantis Gunhide®. "We didn't invent concealment, we just perfected it." — DeSantis Holster for $26.99 and have been very happy with it.

Here is the write-up from the page.
SOF-TUCK™ #106 is a new IWB/Tuck-able holster with adjustable cant. It can be worn strong side, cross draw or on the small of the back. It is built from soft, no-slip suede and reinforced at the top with premium saddle leather to aid in re-holstering. The #106 is available for most concealable hand guns in right and left hand.

If you can't afford a CrossBreed right now, I would look at the DeSantis line. Very well made. Good Quality products. I have purchased 3 different nylon holsters from Amazon for "cheap" and they were indeed CHEAP!! I have since returned all three and went with the DeSantis holster. Good Luck! Cheers! -Drostan

Highnoon Mr Softy or the like is a very good holster. Just can't reholser very easy. But you can draw quick. You just take your time when you put the gun back. The Remora is good also. They use strong clips. Mu Ugb Becker is a single clip and it is as comfortable as any of my 2 loop or clip holsters. I prefer them because they are smaller. I use them with smaller guns. Bigger guns I lie the 2 loop or clip holsters. JMO/JME

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back