Sig sauer P226

Nicholas A.

So I'm getting my first hand gun which is going to be a Sig Sauer P226. I know its a full sized pistol but I'm wondering if anyone can suggest a concealed carry holster that they prefer. I live in Maryland and of course I cant carry until this may issue gets change however I will be getting my concealed carry permit for Virginia since I travel down every couple of weeks. Any help and advice will be greatly appreciated

i have bought 5 holsters from this site .. GrandFather Oak index .. his price is usually about $35 shipping included .. it takes 6 to 10 weeks to get them though .. i guess your not in a hurry though .. :laugh:
i carried my P226, but i was just too heavy .. great gun BTW ..

SB

Oh yes, I've always love the gun and have the mindset of if its good for SWAT, Military, and Police its gotta be a tried and true gun same with the ammunition if police use it then so will I.

Although I don't carry the 226 I carry 2 other Sigs as well as Taurus & S&W. I've gotten the majority of conceal holsters here Link Removed (his is to the exact page for your weapon.) I'm a big fan of the pro carry deep comfort. All theses are prices.

holster for Sig 226

Although I don't carry the 226 I carry 2 other Sigs as well as Taurus & S&W. I've gotten the majority of conceal holsters here Link Removed (his is to the exact page for your weapon.) I'm a big fan of the pro carry deep comfort. All theses are prices.

I am a big fan of Mitch Rosen Holsters. I use his ARG for my 5" Sig 1911 and Glock 23. The 1911 is 46.5 oz. fully loaded and in this holster it is hard to tell I have it on most days. I also have a Comp-Tac Minotaur I use with my BUG, It is also fully adjustable for cant and draw tension and is designed to be tuckable. The Rosen holsters are not inexpensive, but I feel they are excellent Holsters. If you are looking for a belt holster, I have a Mernickle PS-6 high ride holster that I bought for use as a range holster but have found that it can be effectively used as a concealment holster, verygood for driving as it allows fast access while seated wearing a seatbelt. Good luck and enjoy your Sig!

Comp Tac Minotaur MTAC holster

I carry my P226 IWB in a Comp Tac Minotaur MTAC holster. It's worked very well for me, and I carry anytime I'm dressed. Even in "dressy" clothes.
Link Removed

Last edited:
Thank you very much for the information and the links thus far. Since I do not have a Concealed Carry Permit for Virginia as of yet, I'll be open carrying until that time. As of right now I have a Safariland thigh holster with a level 3 retention which can be converted to a normal belt level rig. I was wondering what everyone's thoughts were on shoulder holsters? I know most carry in the waist band or out of it with a shirt pulled over it.

Thank you everyone for the info, suggestions, and replies on my question. I did end up going with a safariland 6304 series holster which is a level 3 holster that is set to be interchanged between the drop leg tactical holster I have now, along with several other options which I find rather nice to have.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back