Sig Sauer Nightmare

Tbaughman036

Anyone have any reviews on this? Looking to get one this week.

Sent from my SM-N900T using USA Carry mobile app

I bought mt first hand gun, it is a Sig 1911BSS Nitron 45ACP, I am use too Duck Hunting, so all my shot guns I run dry, have never had a issue, because I am out in nasty muddy weather. So when I was breaking in my 45. I kept getting Jams, I was shocked how lubed I have too keep that. Any way, I have about 700 Rounds ran through it now, and the last 200 no jams. I am running M Pro 7 in it. I love shooting it. I guess since I am new too hand Guns I am still learning, and reading. I have only ran good ammo 230 grain. This week well be the first time I well shoot hollow points.
I guess I am just chiming in is because I keep reading about Sigs Jamming , but when I talk too people in person!! I am told that they are built tight and they need too be broken in .
This is coming from a very inexperienced guy with Hand Guns, I can talk about shot guns for hunting all day.

And anyone out there that see's any of my post, and u can help me or correct me, please do. I am here too learn

Sig451911

Thanks for the response Bill, I do appriciate it. I go to the range weekly with my uncles and they both have 45s, one has a Springfield XDM 5.25 and the other just picked up a sig 1911 45. I have shot them buth but when it comes down to it, the sig seems to be where its at. Solid as a rock and ticks like a clock. No issues what so ever, no jams and so accurate, whatever you aim at, is going down. The reason I asked is because I would like to see if others have any issues like you described. The one he has had about 100 rounds or so through it so far.

I had a sig ultra carry in two tone. It ran great with round nose. When i started to shoot hollow points is when it started to jam bad. I thought maybe it just isnt broken in yet so after i shot 600 rounds through it i tried hornady critical duty and critical defense. It jammed two to three times per mag. I also tried cheap federal hollow points and hydrashocks. Same outcome. I tried cmc mags, and wilson combat mags. Barely a difference. I sent it in to sig which was a pain in the butt to begin with. And when they got it they ran 40 rounds of federal low recoil and sent it back saying there was no problem. And they broke my case while sending it back. I sold it to a pawn shop and got me a glock 30s. Never been happier and its close to the same size as the sig.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using USA Carry mobile app

Decided to get a 1911 nickel compact, such a sexy ass pistol. I love it. So ready to hit the range.

Gosh that thing is beautiful. Let us know how it does. Congrats

Thank you sir. I will. Have sone goodies commin for her. Aliengear holster, ICE magwell and a Max speed hammer.

I have an alien gear for my 30s. I love it. You wont be disappointed. Im a bit jealous on your new 1911 definatly with your goodies. Im very interested on how it shoots and if it has any malfuntions. Good luck.

Good Luck with your Decision !! I am hoping I have no issues with the Hollow points!!
I feel good about it !!

Sig451911
Every one, have a great day

I had a sig ultra carry in two tone. It ran great with round nose. When i started to shoot hollow points is when it started to jam bad. I thought maybe it just isnt broken in yet so after i shot 600 rounds through it i tried hornady critical duty and critical defense. It jammed two to three times per mag. I also tried cheap federal hollow points and hydrashocks. Same outcome. I tried cmc mags, and wilson combat mags. Barely a difference. I sent it in to sig which was a pain in the butt to begin with. And when they got it they ran 40 rounds of federal low recoil and sent it back saying there was no problem. And they broke my case while sending it back. I sold it to a pawn shop and got me a glock 30s. Never been happier and its close to the same size as the sig.

And I bet the Glock would shoot and not jam if the rds were made of wood,

Of course it wouldnt shoot if the rounds were made of wood. I was just telling my expierence with my sig utra compact. I never said glock was the god of handguns or anything like that. I have two full size series 70s gold cups that are just as if not more reliable as my glocks.
My wife is getting her first hangun in a couple months and its not a glock. Its a ruger sr9 that I showed her at the shooting range and she loves it as do I.

I carry a sig p229 that right out of the box fired both round nose and hollow point with no problems. I've carried Sign for 30 years and love them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using USA Carry mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back