Sig P220 Carry Elite Dark

Browndog

Anyone have one or had any experience with one?

I really want a DA/SA pistol and this is a .45 that is concealable.

Anyone have one or had any experience with one?

I really want a DA/SA pistol and this is a .45 that is concealable.

The short reset trigger would be nice....
I own a full-size P220 tuff to beat....I can see why they went with the "short" trigger...but all in all rock solid piece
then again it seems a little pricey $1200 vs $800 for the full-size

I bought this pistol in April for concealed carry and home defense. I had a hard time shooting straight consistently with it initially. My technique was off, and I was using the 6 o'clock of the bull for aiming. With the military style night sights you have to aim pretty much at the 12 o'clock of the bull. I'm fairly new to shooting and not the best shot, but with some tweeking of my tachnique and practice I get 2-3 inch groups pretty consistently at 50 feet, with an occassional flyer when I don't concentrate. It is me, not the gun. I will say I shoot much better with my Ruger .357 so some of it is the style of gun. I love breaking down the carry and cleaning is pretty easy. I had a custom leather holster made for IWB and it hides well. I also bought the Sig SERPA style OWB holster and although beautiful and functional, it is a OWB paddle holster and the butt of the gun sticks out a bit. It may be my spare tire that is causing that though. The Nitrile coating is tough, but I somehow scratched it by the barrel anyway. I paid $960, new in my hand after FFL fees, shipping, etc., so $1000 at a dealer is a fair price, IMHO. Would I buy it again? I'm not sure. Iy was my first gun purchase ever and I liked the grip, but wish I had fired one at a range first. It is gorgeous and people always ask about it and compliment the looks at the range, but it has some kick and a firm grip is needed, and I find it hard to shoot very well more than 30 feet from a target -- then again for personal defense that is usually more than enough. It fits my hand better than any gun I have picked up, and i'm not selling it, but that is a lot of cash for good looks. I like the feel of the aluminum grips as well. One FTF i 350 rounds and it was crappy Wolf steel ammo. Hope some of this rambling helps.

Thanks. My CC permit is in process and expecting it confirmed next month. It takes about 60 days here in OK.

I shoot an HK USP .40 now, but not ideal for CC. I have used it for a long time with many IDPA competitions as well.

I was a Marine and love the HK, fell in love with them in the Corps. My unit used MP5N and MP5SD quite a bit.

The Sig appeared to be my best option for CC with a DA/SA. My plan is to use a Crossbreed Super Truck as my rig. I like the .45 as a CC round and I am sure that I will get used to the differences quickly. I don't want a true compact gun due to having hands that don't fit well on a shorter grip.

I am sure some of the longer distance shooting problems could arise from the shortened barrel, but if I have to pull it out quickly, the distance will be much closer.

My wife just got into shooting as well and just picked up a Beretta PX4 Compact for her, so this gives me the leeway to pick up a new piece for myself. Ha ha.

Thanks for the advice and thoughts. Much appreciated.

I am sure some of the longer distance shooting problems could arise from the shortened barrel, but if I have to pull it out quickly, the distance will be much closer.

I thought I would have the same problem but for me it wasn't the case some of my best shooters are a Sig P238 (2 inch barrel)
and a Springfield arms XDm 40 cal S&W I have the compact 3.8 so I don't see that as being a problem....maybe it makes you put a little more effort on fundamentals...none the less I haven't seen that to be a problem...a good gun is just that...good

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back