Sig GSR 1911 w/ Rails Holster Issue

AZSATT

I just received notification from the kind folks at Don Hume that the holster I ordered a few days ago for my Sig Sauer GSR 1911 with rails is no longer available.

Bummer.

I was very much looking forward to more of a strong side concealment/closer to the body option than my current Blackhawk kydex holster.

It's the width of the slide (slightly "thicker" than a standard 1911) and those monster box-like rails that have made finding a quality holster a challenge.

Does anyone know of the Crossbreed line of concealed carry holsters accommodate the GSR 1911??

To answer my own question, thanks to the kind folks at Crossbreed Holsters - YES - Crossbreed holsters CAN accommodate my Sig GSR(r) - thank you very much.

Glad to know they're supporters of USACarry, as they're already impressing me with their service, and I'm not even a customer - yet. (That'll get fixed in a quick fast hurry.)

Crossbreed SnapSlide on the way!

I'm excited because I just ordered my custom snap slide holster for my Sig GSR!

Apparently, no one else makes a true concealment holster for this behemoth, so I'm grateful our sponsor does!

More to follow in a couple weeks!:dance3:

I didn't know if they would accomodate 1911's with rails, but I love the SuperTuck I keep my Warthog in. A holster for a double-stack 1911 .45

I didn't know if they would accomodate 1911's with rails, but I love the SuperTuck I keep my Warthog in. A holster for a double-stack 1911 .45

Sweet!

How's the feel with your .45 riding the SuperTuck? Is it comfortable?

I'm generally not a IWB user... but I'm liking the idea of that SuperTuck more and more. And with Crossbreed's 2 week trial period, there's no real harm in trying.

Crossbreed has jumped to the top of my list of holster makers simply because they can accommodate my GSR with rails - custom made - for less than what the other holster makers charge for their product. Not to mention how annoying it is that no one (not even Don Hume) seems to make a concealment holster for a GSR any more.

But Crossbreed will - and I'm loving that 2 week trial period idea too. :victory:

The Warthog is a very small 1911, but the SuperTuck / 'hog is a very comfortable carry at the 4 o'clock position. I have tried my full-sized 1911, and it is both comfortable and concealable, but the capacity difference keeps the 'hog as my EDC.

Good call

Thanks wolfhunter - I appreciate the input.

I've been thinking my new EDC gun would be a tiny .380 Ruger LCP or Sig P230 style - or even a P239, but now I'm first looking to simply continue carrying what I own already in a better rig (hence the Crossbreed rigs).

And if I do get a smaller, more concealable EDC gun, it'll probably be a smaller 1911 model. In my last couple classes, I've trained students carrying their own Kimber Carry or Ultra Carry. I liked the size, and of course I love the .45 ACP!

Once I start my own reloading, I'll be set!:cool:

Thanks wolfhunter - I appreciate the input.

I've been thinking my new EDC gun would be a tiny .380 Ruger LCP or Sig P230 style - or even a P239, but now I'm first looking to simply continue carrying what I own already in a better rig (hence the Crossbreed rigs).

And if I do get a smaller, more concealable EDC gun, it'll probably be a smaller 1911 model. In my last couple classes, I've trained students carrying their own Kimber Carry or Ultra Carry. I liked the size, and of course I love the .45 ACP!

Once I start my own reloading, I'll be set!:cool:

Carrying a primary and BUG in the same caliber reduces supply problems.

Gmta...

Precisely.

I'm even trying to have .45 ACP ammo on hand should I need to 'rent' one of my guns for a training course.

One kind of ammo simplifies things... and unlike NATO, I'm not leaning toward the 9mm for standardization. :dance3:

If the US DOD had to go with a Beretta 9mm, why didn't they pick the model 93 instead of the 92/M9? Three round bursts are FUN.

That's a good question!

I think the wrong people are in the wrong positions - THAT's the problem! Bring an E-4, E-7, O-2 and O-4 with actual experience in the field that matters, and let them make those kinds of calls... I'd hope we'd see a more logical, effecient and effective way of doing MANY things then.

But no. Let's let the starched-shirts with manacures make those calls over lattes ... sure. That figures.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back