Sig 239 Vs Walther PPS

rock919

I am a Sig Fan. I have a Sig 226. However I am thinking seriously about getting the Sig 239 9mm. I also have been thinking about purchasing the Walther PPS which is also a 9mm. I want this gun for concealed carry. I do not like the 38mm. Which one would you choose. The Sig or the Walther and what is your reasoning? I would appreciate your feedback.

I am a Sig Fan. I have a Sig 226. However I am thinking seriously about getting the Sig 239 9mm. I also have been thinking about purchasing the Walther PPS which is also a 9mm. I want this gun for concealed carry. I do not like the 38mm. Which one would you choose. The Sig or the Walther and what is your reasoning? I would appreciate your feedback.
I have a P239 in .40 S&W and like it a lot. It's my primary CWP carry weapon. It is a SAS model, which has been tuned by the SIG pro shop and smoothed all over the exterior, I strongly recommend the SAS for you.

I don't have any experience with the PPS but own a P239 SAS Gen 2, so I can't really offer a comparison. Since you said your want the pistol for concealed carry, I would point out that the Sig is significantly thicker and heavier than the Walther. To ME, those are the two most important criteria for a concealed carry weapon. Having the 239, I carry something thinner and lighter. YMMV, of course.

Rock, I must admit to being a bit biased since I've never owned or shot a walther. That said I have both a P226 & a P239 which get plenty of holster time. If you've spent anytime ccw the P226 then the P239 will feel very light and thin in comparison. The 239 will disappear under a normal t shirt and jeans. Also, I've put several hundred rounds including a box of defense HP's through the 239 w/out a malfunction.

Things to consider: The sig does weigh 10 oz more due to alloy frame instead of plastic but does allow you to carry an extra round in the mag without extended mags. Most of all what feels good and shoots good for you. The small difference in price is probably due to the fact that the 239 comes with an extra magazine while the PPS doesn't.

I don't have a Sig but I do own and carry a Walther PPS .40 cal. I picked the Walther because of it's build quality, size and reputation. It is less than 1" thick, and nice and compact in every way. It is a different looking gun and everyone who sees it is taken by it. The recoil is very manageable and the sights are superb. I did a lot of homework before I purchased it and I am not sorry in any way. The only downfall is that is is a bit expensive and the extra mags are expensive but they are really only a one shot purchase and you only need an extra one if that. The only other 'issue' is that of holstering. It is not an issue, it's just that there are not a huge amount of choices. That said, I still managed to have a drawer of holsters for any occasion specifically for this gun. If you do get this gun, you will not be dissapointed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back