show doomsday preppers

beachbum17

Was wondering what everyone's thoughts were on the show doomsday preppers on national geographic channel.

I think it's an interesting concept. There is surely to e riots or something in the next several years if the current administration makes it in for a second term. I wouldn't do to that extent, but having some food, water, and survival supplies wouldn't be a bad idea. Of course lots of bullets :)

I think the families that have little to no fire arms would have everything taken from them for their inability to defend it.

I never saw the show but I read that one of the "preppers" was seen on the tv show by his doctor who called police to have his guns taken away as he was mentally unstable.

It's one thing to be prepared for bad times, but these folks have gone to extremes. They're nuts!

My survival plan includes my AK and a list of preppers in my area.
How do you obtain a list of preppers in your area? As a half-assed "prepper" I'd be a little reluctant to "advertise," although it would be nice to find some like-minded people for advice and support.

One thing I have noticed on these programs is that they put up a lot of food in glass jars. In the South, we have used that method for years as well as freezing food. We have never kept anything in jars for over a year but these people are expecting a shelf life of several years. Wonder if they know something we don't down here? Sounds like they may be putting up their own poison. They did show some commercially prepared cans of food that will last for an extended period of time which could be good. If WallyB is in the neighborhood, they better hope he doesn't know about their food!

The people I saw on there from New England seemed to have an aversion to firearms and felt that all the neighbors had each other's backs. I feel like the people coming for their food won't be stopped by throwing a carrot at them. Have to at least be a head of cabbage!

The shows have made me think a little more about being prepared for disasters. I am in no way interested in going to the extremes that these people are doing though. I have started looking into some food to get through at least a few days though. One big problem I have is that I will have to go to the hospital for work for most of the disasters that could happen. I can't really think of much that could happen that I wouldn't have to go in. With that said I really need to make sure that my wife and kid are prepared too. There are some situations where they may have to be without me for a while. I didn't go home for 3 days after the tornadoes last year. Luckily they had power the area where we live was safe.

I do feel lucky that I have a friend that is a chicken farmer though. He lives way out in the country where
it is very isolated, and I can't see any riots or anyone just finding it for a long time. He also has thousands of chickens most of the time, wild hogs on his land, and 300 acres to plant whatever we need.If we were ever in a situation that we would want to be isolated for a long time.

All we really need to do is be able to bug out and get there.

After the tornadoes this year it has become evident that people should at least have enough food to last for a few weeks. I know people that was out of power for over 2 weeks. Luckily they had the ability to drive to
restaurants for a couple of weeks. May not be that lucky next time.

We all learned something from the experience. I always thought that If something happened in my neighborhood I could always go to my parents 30 miles away, or a friends house across town. I found out that isn't the case.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back