Shooting Glasses

Davidm

I wear glasses and I am looking to buy a clip for sunglasses. Is there a certain color that would be better for the shooting? I've saw some great shooting glasses at Link Removed but now it is not possible to buy prescription glasses to shoot, so do not give me this recommendation.
Thanks for your help

I wear prescription glasses and I am looking to buy some clip-on sunglasses. Is there a particular color that would be better for shooting? Buying prescription shooting glasses is not possible for me right now, so please don't give me that recommendation. Thank you for your help.
I wear clear or smoked but every other guy on the line at our club wears yellow. I've tried them and I think the contrast is better but gives me a headache on sunny days.

Sent from my XT1650 using Link Removed

I wear clear or smoked but every other guy on the line at our club wears yellow. I've tried them and I think the contrast is better but gives me a headache on sunny days.

Sent from my XT1650 using Link Removed
I concur, indoors - yellow or amber, outside - smoked.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I wear prescription glasses and I am looking to buy some clip-on sunglasses. Is there a particular color that would be better for shooting? Buying prescription shooting glasses is not possible for me right now, so please don't give me that recommendation. Thank you for your help.

Depends on where and when you shoot. I have a ‘script insert for Bollé glasses with interchangeable lenses. This model doesn’t have a “clear” lens. The closest is a photo-sensitive one that always has at least a slight grey tint. That lens is great when shooting outside but at an indoor range it really screws with me. Can’t see the rings on a lot of common targets once you get past 15yds. Indoors I wear the yellow insert and it works OK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can use sunglasses designed to be used over glasses. They're cheap (<$25), come in the same very wide variety of yellow, orange, brown, gray blue, polarized, and other lenses, are usually made of protective polycarbonate, and keep stray rays from the sides and top from adding glare.

Link Removed

When you wrote "clip for glasses" I'm guessing you meant clip-on glasses. For everyday/driving, I have clip-ons in amber, light and dark grey, and "high-def" yellow, which seems to brighten up cloudy days. They used to be called "Blue-blockers, near as I can tell. The type I use appear at the top of the photo. The flip-ups can be convenient. I think color is a matter of preference depending on inside or out and light levels. Many of these come in a resealable package so you can try them out and return them if they are not suitable.
I have ESS-ICE for shooting. Unless I am in the sun, I leave the clear lens on. I'm not sure why you wrote "it is not possible to buy prescription lenses to shoot" with regards to your link. My ESS takes a prescription lens insert. Maybe the model they list does not?
Link Removed

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back