Several Thousand Trucks sitting with no Freight

keeyahnah

Does anyone have a clue why there are several thousand trucks sitting throught-out the State of Texas with no freight?

My brother has been driving a truck for years and says he has never seen anything like it. He sat in Laredo for 3 days, got a call to go to Houston and before he got there they had cancelled the freight. He was told he might have a load by friday but no guarantees.

All I know for sure is that I have two neighbors here in Iowa that are truck drivers and they aren't getting a lot of runs either. A sign of things to come.

My brothers are my sources, they are out there on the road everyday. They have been sitting in truckstops overflowing with trucks, and some have been sitting since last wednesday. They said it has been hard to find a place to park.

HK_Packer, I am origionally from Iowa, and most of my family still lives there. Our brokers in Southern Iowa haven't been abe to find the guys loads either.

Thanks for the input, I was just wondering if anyone knew what was going on. Now days ya just never know.

LOL,,, So I heard. I hope they have convinced themselves of that because they have a lot of talking to do before I believe a word they say.

The guys finally got loads today, and are headed back towards Iowa. I guess if they have to sit for a while at least they'll be close to home.

The guys finally got loads today, and are headed back towards Iowa. I guess if they have to sit for a while at least they'll be close to home.

I was kind of wondering about this. About ten years ago I worked as a dispatcher for a trucking company, and there were occasional periods of regional "load deficit disorder". They usually sorted themselves out after a few days, but that did not stop the incessant calls from the drivers asking "Who is getting the loads? Is it the owner/operators? I am filing a grievance!" Or from the o/o's: "F%$# this S&*%! I am deadheading home!"

:wacko:

Hmmm, I wonder if you know my brothers? That sounds just like them.

Well, all the freight being stopped is just about my luck. Last Friday I finished a course in Freight Brokering and have filed all the proper paper work for my authority and numbers and all that good stuff. Oh well, sooner or later it will pick back up I HOPE.

Hmmm, I wonder if you know my brothers? That sounds just like them.

Well, all the freight being stopped is just about my luck. Last Friday I finished a course in Freight Brokering and have filed all the proper paper work for my authority and numbers and all that good stuff. Oh well, sooner or later it will pick back up I HOPE.

Dude, you can have logistics. :fie:

That helped convince me to go back to school and finish my engineering degree. No more truck drivers for me!
:biggrin:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back