Self-Sealing targets

rdc2co

Does anyone have any experience with "Newbold", "Impact Seal", "Duraseal", RTS Reactive Target Systems, (or other) self-sealing targets? Do they work? Do they actually last (2,000 rounds, 10,000 rounds, etc) as promised? Are they worth the money?
Thanks in advance for your input...

I bought one of the swinger targets last year for 22 shooting. The target seems to be fine but the similar material bracket/spindle was not worth a penny. It was meant to hang from a 2" lumber backstop or frame but was so flimsy, it wouldn't hold it's shape and therefore, would not allow the target to swing. After a weekend of use, I took it apart and haven't modified it to work better(yet). I'd look at one with a metal frame rather than the one I got.
My son and I have been contemplating buying one of the 12 packs from CTD since it's a lot cheaper on a per target basis.

I didn't know that...

When you use the Newbold suited targets remember that hits on spades or hearts are considered major and that hits on diamonds and clubs are considered minor. Also note that you get more points when shooting for a "no-trump" contract.

I've never been a card-player, but it would be fun to learn!
Have you had luck with yours?

I bought one of the swinger targets last year for 22 shooting. The target seems to be fine but the similar material bracket/spindle was not worth a penny. It was meant to hang from a 2" lumber backstop or frame but was so flimsy, it wouldn't hold it's shape and therefore, would not allow the target to swing. After a weekend of use, I took it apart and haven't modified it to work better(yet). I'd look at one with a metal frame rather than the one I got.
My son and I have been contemplating buying one of the 12 packs from CTD since it's a lot cheaper on a per target basis.
Which brand swinger did you have trouble with (so I don't buy the same one)? Would it be worth buying extra metal rod at Home Depot to fix it (with vegetable oil?)? What about using picture cable or something?
I have a really small car and want to carry smaller targets. I thought about getting cheap plastic party cups at Sam's Club- and using a tarp to catch all the debris... I also read about a guy who used old pots and pans to freeze water and shoot up the ice blocks- I bet that was pretty cool....
One thing I hate to say is that I went to a public range once and a piece of metal from an old computer stuck my ankle. I wish people wouldn't dump that stuff- or at least remove it when they leave.

I think the target I bought at the local farm store was a "Champion" branded product.
If I buy the roll and bounce targets, it will be Do-All branded. We have an almost unlimited area to shoot and enough terrain features to negate ricochets so the bouncing targets are definitely an option.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back