Seeking Holster for a Smith & Wesson Model 645

disneyr

I am finding it a little difficult to find a holster for a S&W 645. I have checked on the Internet with limited results especially for Sherpa style or Kydex holsters. I checked CheaperThanDirt and it didn't have any holsters listed for a 645.

I am looking for OWB paddle kydex (Fobus rotating style) ideally but I need something.

I want to open carry it when I use the holster. All I have found so far are "yanqui" style holsters online. I may have to settle for one.

Will the 645 fit in some standard 1911 holsters?

Any help or recommendations appreciated.

disneyr, have tried checking out a Midwest USA website? They have tons and tons of stuff for every imaginable firearm. I just happened to do a quick check on there and there is paddle holster made by Safariland. Goto w w w . midwestusa . com and you will a line of tabs, first one is Shooting, click that and when it opens you will find the Holsters tab and beneath that is Holsters by Gun Make and Model, click that. Page will open and find S&W and click. Selections come up for Revolvers or Semi-Automatics, click the Semi-Auto and page opens. Find and Select the 645 and page opens to the holsters available. Also, if you don't want to spend too much, Uncle Mikes has holsters that generically fit, but not paddle type.

From what I can tell, I believe that your 645 is quite similar to the 4506 and maybe paddle holsters that were made for that will work also. Maybe.

Thanks for both suggestions! I will check out Midwest USA right now. I will check local stores for 4506 holsters and see if they fit the 645. I think you are right Tony, the back end of the 4506 is pretty different but the front end (hopefully) is pretty much the same. I guess not that many 645's were sold because I don't see much gear for them.

I tried www.midwestusa.com and the domain is available for sale. I did pull up midwestusa.com from the google search and it has lots of gun gear. Found actual 645 parts including slide, springs bushings. Many thanks for the tips.

Never heard of MidWest, heard of MidWay. And I suspect your having a hard time finding a modern holster because you Smith is an older model dating back to the 80's.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smith_&_Wesson_Model_645

Never heard of MidWest, heard of MidWay. And I suspect your having a hard time finding a modern holster because you Smith is an older model dating back to the 80's.
Smith & Wesson Model 645

Fully agree about the 645 being old (bought it in '87, guess that means I'm getting old too.) There lies my challenge. Any idea if any new pistols are similar enough in dimensions to the 645 that it will fit snuggly and lock into a Serpa properly?

I guess my next step is to take my 645 into stores and just try to fit it into modern Serpa holsters...and pray it fits one. :)

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back