Screw dicks sporting goods

lamerem

A little while back I talked to a guy at dicks about why they don't sell handgun. He told me the company doesn't sell hand guns because it attracts the wrong crowd. Wtf? I am personally boycotting dicks!

Yea, I bought my first pistol from whatever chain they bought out. I went in there some months after the store changed to Dicks, I was shocked. That's been a number of years. Haven't been back since.

Same here. I went into one in the Phoenix area, looking for a holster. The look of disdain I got from the person on duty...... let's just say I haven't darkened their doorstep since, and don't plan on it either.

I asked that to before. They said same as walmart does not. To big of a hassle and not enough money in it. That answer i got.

I have 2 Dicks sporting shops in me region. I noticed they were the first to discontinue selling the AR platform even before CheaperThanDirt.com had their bout in withdrawing their sale of firearms. I do think it is odd for dicks to do that yet keep a full supply of paintball and airsoft weapons that are truly designed to be shooting at people. Just to keep it clear, I am not all about the dungeons and dragons live action role play in shooting people with paint and beads. water-gun fights hell yeah! (when I was a kid). I stick to the range and other arenas for real shooting sports. I wrote Dicks off for good.

Walmart in spring ville n.y sells rifles at least sold me some .45 .38 .380s but limited to 6 boxes for some reason

I always thought it was kinda humorous that when the post-Newtown anti-gun pressure began, Dicks almost immediately demonstrated that they had no ball$-- and jumped ship on the firearm business. Kinda sad, but they were pretty second-rate in the firearms department anyway.

I always thought it was kinda humorous that when the post-Newtown anti-gun pressure began, Dicks almost immediately demonstrated that they had no ball$-- and jumped ship on the firearm business. Kinda sad, but they were pretty second-rate in the firearms department anyway.

My biggest problem with dicks is not that they decided not to sell those rifles any longer, that's their choice and whatever, I'll buy from someone who has what I want. But that they cancelled the pre-orders of those weapons for thousands of people who have been waiting months to receive their AR-15, which were ordered at time when they cost half the price people are asking now (if you can even find them) and Dicks offers nothing but giving their original purchase price back, even though they've cost many of these people months of time and thousands of dollars.

The last and only time I went to ****'s, I waited at the gun counter for well over an hour. NO ONE ever showed up to help me. I wanted to buy the 25 round M&P 15-22 magazines. (The had them really cheap!) They were locked to the display board and I could not just rip them off there. I asked many times for help and no one ever showed up. I said, "F--K THIS PLACE I AM HEADING SOMEWHERE ELSE TO BUY MY MAGAZINES!" I have never been back since that horrible day.

I've been done with those nitwits for years when they stopped selling handguns.... Much rather shop at my local gunshop than any of the big boxes...

A little while back I talked to a guy at dicks about why they don't sell handgun. He told me the company doesn't sell hand guns because it attracts the wrong crowd. Wtf? I am personally boycotting dicks!
Sounds like their plan worked! Kidding, lame.

You got my support i already quit going in there after 1 of there associates talked down to me like i was trash. went to a manager and he defended his employee. I will not go in the 1 closest to me

those stores, walmart and dicks, dont pay there employees enough to be responsible enough to handle hand gun purchases. hell they dont even know ammo. you have to show them what you want.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back