SC CCW training?

XD40scinNC

Saw a story on the Spartanburg news last night. It appears there has been a change in the laws that dictate what must be taught in CCW classes, so basically the instructor can teach what they want, which in many cases is nothing.

The Spartanburg County sheriff was interviewed and said he is getting some questions from CWP holders that alarm him. He said one CWP holder called and asked "can I shoot someone if they walk across my yard". Another said the instructor told them to put their name on the form and put a 100 in the grade column because they were all going to pass.

He didn't seem anti gun at all, but is concerned that people are 'completing' CCW courses, and are clueless in regards to the laws.

Here's a link to the new CWP laws-

Link Removed

Here's a link to the form required to be sent in before a CWP is issued-

Link Removed

I recently took the CWP course in SC with a retired county sheriff. He explained the recent changes in the rules for the class and for carry in the state. The instructors have a pretty strict guide to follow on what must be presented. They certainly can't just teach anything they want.

Did you go to high school with 'that guy' who was taught math in the same class as you, who just can't seem to come up with the answer for 2+2? Or set in english class with the same guy who can't read a newspaper (written at 7th grade level)? I NOT trying to insult you, but those guys passed and got a diplomas too. All I'm saying is, I think most classes are taught correctly and by the rules. There a lot of people that just don't get it, but they do manage to answer enough questions right on the test.

Please don't trust the media to give you straight facts either. They purposefully skew the story to get ratings, their agenda is not present any factual truths, it's to sensationalize and increase follower-ship.

P238 Sports 12

I recently took the CWP course in SC with a retired county sheriff. He explained the recent changes in the rules for the class and for carry in the state. The instructors have a pretty strict guide to follow on what must be presented. They certainly can't just teach anything they want.

Did you go to high school with 'that guy' who was taught math in the same class as you, who just can't seem to come up with the answer for 2+2? Or set in english class with the same guy who can't read a newspaper (written at 7th grade level)? I NOT trying to insult you, but those guys passed and got a diplomas too. All I'm saying is, I think most classes are taught correctly and by the rules. There a lot of people that just don't get it, but they do manage to answer enough questions right on the test.

Please don't trust the media to give you straight facts either. They purposefully skew the story to get ratings, their agenda is not present any factual truths, it's to sensationalize and increase follower-ship.

P238 Sports 12
My post was not based on ignorance of the media, but a video of the Spartanburg County Sheriff.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back