Saratoga County

ILMpat

I'm currently stationed in NC and have a Valid NC Resident CCW Permit.I know my permit is not valid in NY. I'm still a resident of NY and wondering what hoops and tricks im going to have to do to get my ny ccw permit

I'm currently stationed in NC and have a Valid NC Resident CCW Permit.I know my permit is not valid in NY. I'm still a resident of NY and wondering what hoops and tricks im going to have to do to get my ny ccw permit

Do you file NYS resident income tax returns?

Do you own or rent property in NYS?

Are you registered to vote in NYS?

Is there an exception in NC that treats non-resident military personal stationed in NC as residents for CCW resident permits? If not, then how did you qualify as a resident of NC for the permit?

I still pay NYS taxes and own property but my drivers licences is NC.

The driver's license by itself should not be an issue - most states require people to get a state driver's license after 30 days of residency.

NYS law does not require residency, but the practice is to only issue a CC permit to residents of the county in which one is "domiciled."

for example, you could own property in several counties in NYS, but you can only get a CC permit from the county in which you are "domiciled."

"Domiciled" is an abstract term relating to intent. As most "intent" standards, it is determined by facts, no one of which is controlling.

Factors include voter registration, time spent in various locations, declared place of residency on loan applications, place of worship affiliations, and the like.

When you file a NYS resident tax return, you have to declare your school district so NYS can divide up state funding of public schools. The county in which that school district is located (probably the county in which your property is located) is the county in which you should make the application.

Your military status should be a sufficient explanation for your absence from the state. However, most counties that require references require that the references be residents of the county. so that may be problematic for you.

Getting in the Pistol Safety Class is a pretty long wait for Saratoga County. From what i understand it is somewhere around 6 months back of a waiting list. So i would call and register for that a good amount of time in advance the next time you know you will be comin back

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back