S&W Model M&P40 Nickel Boron Coated Barrel and Slide - Talo Exclusive

Just picked it up this afternoon. All the good things about a S&W M&P plus the nickel boron coating. Rockwell hardness of 70 (diamond) and it seems to absorb light rather than reflect. The pictures were taken with flash. Needs less lubrication and easier to clean. I hope the weather is good to me tomorrow. I can't wait to launch some rounds down range with it!

Link RemovedLink Removed

let us know how it goes, I'm interested in the nickel plating now...

The weather was good, but life got in the way. I was only able to fire 5 rounds then my cell phone rang. A friend was broke down on the road so my shooting day was over. Here are my impressions so far. The weapon is fired at the factory so I cleaned it first. I degreased the slide and barrel, and the frame rails. The carbon was very easy to clean from the coating. Suprisingly so. Then I put it back together dry. When working the slide it felt almost like it was greased. Very smooth. Very easy. Took it back apart and applied 7 drops of oil to S&W manual indicated places.

The sights are easy to acquire and accurate. The weapon has impressive ergonomics. Perceived recoil is approximate to 9mm +P shot through my Beretta 92FS. Operation was very smooth. The trigger will take some getting used to as it is unlike my other weapons. The coating is supposed to be as hard or harder than a diamond so I don't expect much in the way of wear, holster or otherwise.

I like to fire the first shot from a weapon and save the target. I was then going to put 5 shot groups together, but the cell interupted so I only have one 4 shot group. So far I am very happy with the weapon overall.

Link RemovedLink Removed

Distance from targets is a measured 10 yards. Firing Winchester 180gr. PDX1 (Hornady Critical Duty on order), unsupported. Light left to right cross winds.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back