RUGER Very good experience!

CapGun

Bought a Ruger MarkIII Hunter in 2009. Had problems right from the beginning. Couldn't get through two magazines and sometimes one without a stovepipe.
Not a lot of experience with .22 at this point. I ran or tried to run different brands through it. I also bought more Ruger factory mags.Same outcome. I thought it was an ejection problem. Sometimes it looked like a double feed also but I am no expert. I hardly ever used it because it bothered me. I hate going through the trouble of sending a gun back. I really like this gun, especially when it goes bang so I finally called Ruger and explained the situation. I also told them that I did not live near a hub and could they arrange to have it picked up at my house. They had me pay for the pre-arranged pick up via their contract with UPS. Otherwise UPS or Fed EX would not take a firearm without me being a FFL.
It was simple. They, UPS picked it up Monday. I had it boxed with no label or identifying marks on the box.
They sent me an email yesterday asking me to call or reply to the email answering these questions: Was I the registered owner of the gun? Was I a US citizen? Was I over 21. Would I consent to them destroying my gun so that they could send me a new one? How about that?! I had to also give them my FFL dealer info so they could set up the transfer info.
I was like a little kid so excited that I might have another Ruger that runs flawlessly that I called Ruger and asked them if they would please send in next day air and they said OK. One problem is my FFL didn't tell me he was going to be closed today through Monday. Bummer!
I do have to go through NICS since it is a different gun and serial #. They told me to send the bill for the transfer fees and they allow up to $50.
I had to let you all know how great Ruger was. That is what I call "Customer Service".
They told me that there was a problem with the loaded chamber indicator and that it was interfering with the next round being chambered. That round would pin the spent cartridge in the stovepipe configuration.
I will let you know how the replacement is. Again Thank You RUGER!
BTW Springfield Armory also has great customer service.
This makes me want to get another Ruger product. Don't tell the wife!:dance3:

Ruger

I've owned several Rugers and still have the Ruger P345, I've always found them to be very dependable firearms. Glad to hear they're replacing your rifle. That's what customer service is all about.

I've owned several Rugers and still have the Ruger P345, I've always found them to be very dependable firearms. Glad to hear they're replacing your rifle. That's what customer service is all about.

It's a Mark III Hunter pistol. Beautiful piece. Reminds me of a Luger a bit but 6 7/8" barrel. Got it yesterday. Will take it down tomorrow morning and clean and lubricate it. Then off to the range.

Link Removed

Firelooker>> Glad you appreciate Ruger. Great customer service. Makes me want another Ruger!

Can't. say nothing bad about Ruger they stand behind everything they make own four of. their products not one problem yet and some are thirty years new!
:D

Have several Rugers and never had to send anything in for warranty. However, I have never heard a bad thing about their customer service from the few that have. Quick turn around and usually a free hat to boot. Cripes man, I can't even find a hat to buy!

Ruger MarkIII

It's a Mark III Hunter pistol. Beautiful piece. Reminds me of a Luger a bit but 6 7/8" barrel. Got it yesterday. Will take it down tomorrow morning and clean and lubricate it. Then off to the range.

Link Removed

I had a friend whose dad had a markIII & his dad just gave it to him. I wont buy anything but Ruger anymore but I do wish they'd do something about their long trigger pull.

I agree, Ruger makes some very fine Firearms.
I have had experience with their customer service and it is excellent.
I would say they are one of the top gun manufacturers in the United States.

That is about the only Ruger I cringe at. When new they are a pain to take apart to clean. Yes, they do require a hammer and punch sometimes.

That is about the only Ruger I cringe at. When new they are a pain to take apart to clean. Yes, they do require a hammer and punch sometimes.

You are making me laugh. I know exactly what you mean.
Many people never take this gun down for a complete cleaning. Others that do never get it back together again without help. Great gun though.
You need to read the manual carefully. Be patient and follow it step by step and don't assume anything. It's put the magazine in, remove the magazine at certain points and then repeat where told to do so. It is very time consuming but here it something I am considering. heck out this link.

Link Removed

UPDATE Wife and I took it out to the range yesterday. 100 rounds and as they say "not a hiccup"!
Oh make that 99 rounds. Not the gun but the ammo. One refused to go bang. What can I say, .22s.
The recoil is just a bit more then a water pistol.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back