Ruger SR9

Woody57

My father in law has a Ruger SR9 and he is having a problem with one of the trigger outer pins backing out after firing a number of rounds. I was wondering if anyone else is having this issue.

I have the SR9c, and have put several thousand rounds through the gun. I've not seen that problem. You might check Ruger's web site and forum, or contact them.

I've read about that issue. I think it was mainly the older models that did it. A dab of loctite is what I believe people used to hold it in. He can contact Ruger, they will either request the gun to check it over or send a new pin.

I have had my SR9 since 2010 and have never had a problem of any kind. I remember there was a recall once dealing with a trigger problem. Maybe he didn't get his taken care of. Suggest you look it up on the web.

Had that happen to my SR9c a year ago. Called Ruger - they emailed prepaid shipping label to send it in. Was repaired & returned to my door in 7 or 8 days and has not happened again.

This is the recall on the SR9 that is from the Ruger website. It does not pertain to the SR9C. It does show the defect and repair that is outlined in the recall. It does not however sound like the problem you are having. I suggest you stop fooling around and go to the horse's mouth and call Ruger and get something done. Opinions are like A55sh07s, everybody has one. Get 'er done.

Click here:
Ruger - SR9® Product Safety Warning and Recall Notice

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back