Ruger P97DC .45

willpruitt

Looking for any feedback on this gun, and what's the best ammo for a 45? Would you carry the gun concealed?

I had a P97DC for several years. I enjoyed shooting it, but it was very heavy and large to carry concealed. That being said, I still have my Galco holster that I carried it in. I did find that it was top heavy when you shot it.

It's a great gun. I own one myself. If you find a comfortable way to carry it please l et me know because I ha ve.not been able to find one.

I had one for about 10 years and put a lot of rounds through it. However, twice, during two different handgun classes, the take down lever(?) backed out just enough to disengage the trigger. Two times in the a 1,000 rounds is a lot even if there were 9000 trouble free rounds. I decided I couldn't rely on it any longer. I understood the sense of urgency as both times I was in the middle of firing and moving. I had to keep moving and diagnosing on the run. I recognized it right away the second time just by how the trigger felt. The asst. instructor wanted me to slap, rack, and roll but I ignored him so I could fix the problem. I believe I had about 10k rounds through the pistol. I sold it for not much less then I paid new and counted it good. I don't know if I was inadvertently pushing on the backside of the lever or what. Ruger said I could buy a new lever to see if that was the problem. Selling was cheaper and less stressful.

The holster I mentioned is extremely comfortable to wear. Its probably the most comfortable holster I've ever used. Of course, if you'd like to buy it from me, it IS for sale at a good price.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back