Ruger LCP VS Walther PK380

BMW RIDER

has anyone owned or shot a Ruger LCP and a Walther PK380 and if so can you compare one gun to the other for me. i am interested in accuracy, recoil and your general overall opinion of these two guns.

has anyone owned or shot a Ruger LCP and a Walther PK380 and if so can you compare one gun to the other for me. i am interested in accuracy, recoil and your general overall opinion of these two guns.

When I get a chance to shoot both guns, I'll write my thoughts and opinions... and I am also wanting to hear the comparison between both guns too.

I have a PPk/S and an LCP, but to me, trying to compare them is like comparing and apple and an orange. They are both fruit, but way different. About the only thing I can say they share in common is the caliber. A friend of mine has the PK380, and I can shoot it much better than my older Walther or my LCP, but I can sure bury that LCP in deep concealment where the Walther is much harder. My friends PK380 fit my hand soooo well, I felt like I had a laser in my hand! Only came with one magazine, which sucks because they go for about 40$ apiece. To me it comes down to how you intend to carry it and how well you can shoot it, the bigger .380, versus the smaller one.

I have a PPk/S and an LCP, but to me, trying to compare them is like comparing and apple and an orange. They are both fruit, but way different. About the only thing I can say they share in common is the caliber. A friend of mine has the PK380, and I can shoot it much better than my older Walther or my LCP, but I can sure bury that LCP in deep concealment where the Walther is much harder. My friends PK380 fit my hand soooo well, I felt like I had a laser in my hand! Only came with one magazine, which sucks because they go for about 40$ apiece. To me it comes down to how you intend to carry it and how well you can shoot it, the bigger .380, versus the smaller one.

I was going to get a Walter PK 380 but after looking at more guns that has changed...:biggrin:

I was finally able to shoot the Ruger LCP yesterday and it has a big "kick" recoil to it. I can't really answer on how the accuracy was but I was shooting towards the right of the bulleye. The Ruger when you pull the trigger... you have to keep pulling it back before it went off...It has a very very long trigger pull and I am not sure I really am fond of that especially if you were wanting to shoot in a hurry. Since the handle is small I guess I was putting more of my finger on the trigger as my brother said that I need to use the tip of my finger... The site is hard to use as it is small and there are no dots to help line up where you are wanting to shoot. The handle is smaller than what I am use to because of handling 9MM and I wasn't for sure how I should really be holding the tiny little gun. If I was going to use the gun to practice with on a every so often basis... the gun is not fun to shoot with as folks have mentioned. Like my brother said... it does have a big "kick" to it... more than what I expected. The more you shoot with it... I am sure the better you will get use to it... but I wouldn't want to get the gun and want to shoot with it to get use to it.... it would not be a bad gun to have as a backup but other than that I wouldn't want to have it as my main gun. My brother says I have a limp wrist and the second to last bullet or last bullet got cockeyed in the chamber.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back