Rugar lc9

jayk1181

I am a first time gun buyer I went to cabelas today and was looking at handguns the one I liked best to hold is the ruger LC9 just wondering what the pros and cons are of it and if anyone ones it if you like it and is it comfortable to carry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good gun light weight can carry all day with out knowing it's there. The only con to me is the light weight means the recoil will be more than expected for your first gun.

It is a nice little gun. I have one in the closet. Ease into practice or you will have a sore heel of your hand. I thought the wife would fall in love with it, but that didn't happen, so now it's just a spare.

Thanks that's what I'm looking for me and my fiancé are both gonna get our permits together and I need something ok for her too

LC9 sits in the closet, I like the single action trigger of the Taurus 709 slim much better.
If you like the LC9, get it for yourself and get the LC380 for her. Same gun less recoil.

I would suggest against the LC9 as a first handgun.it is very snappy hand gun. I would suggest a ruger sr-9 compact instead.
You would have a full size grip and magazine to learn with and a compact magazine if you want to csrry it. Also the grip feels simular to the LC9 but thicker

I was just looking at the sr9 I like the option of a ambi safety being a lefty and the little bigger grip this us now a option thanks robbk

I was just looking at the sr9 I like the option of a ambi safety being a lefty and the little bigger grip this us now a option thanks robbk

No problem. There is nothing wrong with the LC9 I just do not think it is a good first pistol. Glad I could help.

My stepdaughter got an LC380 from her dad to try and every time she shot it it jammed. Her dad and I both shot the heck out of it with zero problems. She simply lacked the wrist strength and was limp wristing it consistently. She has a Sig P238 that she's put magazine after magazine through with zero problems. Based on that, it seems prone to jam in the hands of someone like a slim woman with equally skinny wrists. She stuck with the P238 which seems to manage the .380 recoil better. Maybe it's just this individual LC380, but I thought I'd share it just for info.

The Ruger LC9 is and excellent choice for concealed carry. However you should try before you buy. As stock the trigger by design is double action only and extremely long. Smooth and predictable but very long. Now with some very simple modification you can cut 35% off of the trigger pull length which makes accuracy much easier to achieve and repeat. The guns are also quite affordable at right around $350.00 or even less
I did the trigger pull mod and added an RTK trigger which for me made a world of difference in first shot accuracy and then I went and replaced the stock sights which are very good with Novak tritium night sights which are very good in low light situations.

I shot my Buddy's LC9 it has a long pull and no reset. it is no where as smooth as my SR40C is. But, it serves a purpose as a pocket carry when you can't really carry something larger.Link Removed

I have carried an LC9 for about 3 years. I like the long firm trigger for a carry gun, and interchange it with an LCP depending on clothing. I added a Hogue Handall Jr Rubber Grip to both and found that simple inexpensive addition made a huge difference n shooting comfort. With practice I have become fairly accurate with the LC9. The only con for me is the mag capacity being so much less than my Springfield XD9, but the XD is a little harder to keep concealed under my normal T-shirt.

Sent from my AT100 using USA Carry mobile app

Nice gun. The long trigger pull is a challenge until you become accustomed to it. Practice with it often! Easy gun to carry; light weight and comfortable. Plenty of safety features which are okay with me since it's a carry gun. Enjoy it!

They now have a 9 round extended mag for the LC9. The LC9 is one of several small carry guns that we own and we are surprised how well we shoot it. When we carry it we still use the 7 round mag vs the 9. Carrying my 40 Shield this morning with the smaller 6 round mag.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using USA Carry mobile app

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back