Restraint carry in NC

I've contacted my rep about this, and the issue is claimed to be some conflicting language possibly, though I suspect the pistol purchase permits are a major contention point. They appointed both houses committees today, and the house committee is the original sponsors, so hopefully it will move quickly. I'm not letting up on them, please, any other NC residents do the same.

I've contacted my rep about this, and the issue is claimed to be some conflicting language possibly, though I suspect the pistol purchase permits are a major contention point. They appointed both houses committees today, and the house committee is the original sponsors, so hopefully it will move quickly. I'm not letting up on them, please, any other NC residents do the same.

We need to be constantly calling and emailing about this. DO NOT LET UP.

Just came out of committee and put on the calendar. Looks like they removed the senate substitute and provided a new substitute mostly similar to the senate one except:

Pistol permits stay but sherrifs must document reasons for refusal and report on them (study to hopefully provide grounds for eliminating permit system in the future?)

Language to revoke existing permits when a disqualifying infraction occurs after permit was granted.

Some stuff about sending data to NCIS when people are involuntarily committed, etc. that one may have been in the original senate substitute.

Passed Senate and House and now it goes to Governor's desk for signature. Here is GRNC's email about today's victory!:

For more info, go to www.grnc.org

Gun Rights Supporters:
You won a great victory today. Despite opposition by the North Carolina Sheriffs' Association and equivocation by members of Republican leadership, House Bill 937 ("Amend Various Firearms Laws") today passed from conference committee and was approved by both the NC House and Senate and represents the most sweeping gain for gun rights in North Carolina history.
It now heads for Governor Patrick McCrory, who may sign or veto the bill, or simply allow it to lie on his desk, in which case it becomes law thirty days after the General Assembly adjourns.
As GRNC demanded of leadership, all aspects beyond the purchase permit repeal remain intact, including:
Restaurant carry;
Limited campus carry (permit-holders may keep guns in locked vehicles on any publicly controlled campus, plus an improvement that specifically allows guns to be removed from those vehicles if necessary for self-defense, plus faculty members without concealed handgun permits may);
Assemblies for which admission is charged;
State parking lots;
Hunting with suppressors;
Privacy provisions for concealed handgun and purchase permits to prevent media abuses; and
Language to clarify and narrow the "recreational facilities" within municipal parks where cities may still ban guns.
Pistol Purchase Permit Burdens Lowered
Although full repeal of the Jim Crow-era pistol purchase permit law did not remain in the bill, thanks to your input and the efforts of Senator Buck Newton (R-Johnston, Nash, Wilson, GRNC ****), the following improvements were made:
Prohibits sheriffs from limiting the number of permits issued;
Prohibits additional fees for permits;
Requires sheriffs to list statutory reasons for denial;
Requires sheriffs to keep de-identified records on why permits are denied; and
Places the burden on sheriffs to revoke permits from those commit disqualifying offenses.
Help GRNC Prepare for the Next Stage!
Frankly, it has been quite a battle. Between radio spots, mailings, $3,000 per month bills to send alerts (no, sending alerts to 87,000 people can't be done for free), and more, GRNC has spent nearly $40,000 on just the HB 937 campaign. We need your help to prepare for the next stage.
We need you to do two things:
Sign GRNC's petition to induce McCrory to sign the bill by
CLICKING HERE
or going to: Link Removed
Help GRNC "load magazines" by
CLICKING HERE
or going to: http://www.grnc.org/join-grnc/contribute
We are close to the goal of passing HB 937. Please help us cross the finish line!
Armatissimi e liberissimi,

F. Paul Valone
President, Grass Roots North Carolina

"just keepin', and bearin'....."
"Praise the Lord, pass the ammunition!"
NRA Member
GRNC.org Member

I would add to CALL the Governors office and or Email to have him sign. NON action by those that live here is not an option. Help support our Freedoms and be part of the action to regain Rights!

I would add to CALL the Governors office and or Email to have him sign. NON action by those that live here is not an option. Help support our Freedoms and be part of the action to regain Rights!

McCrory was on WPTF this morning, and he stated that he would sign the bill.

Iv read the bill, and i do not see anywhere that talks about allowing restaraunt carry where alcohol is served. Can some one point it out.

HB 937 was signed by the Governor about an hour ago. Most changes effective October 1st including restaurant carry and other great changes.

Iv read the bill, and i do not see anywhere that talks about allowing restaraunt carry where alcohol is served. Can some one point it out.

Section 3 authorizes a person with a concealed carry permit to carry a concealed handgun at assemblies where an admission fee is charged and any establishment that serves alcohol unless the person in control of the premises has posted a notice prohibiting carrying a concealed handgun on the premises.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back