Response from Maryland Delegate

phrogmedic

Although I'm not a Maryland resident I sign the petition from Beretta Arms to Maryland's Legislators and received this reply back.

Thank you for contacting me regarding proposals to increase gun control in Maryland. I appreciate what you are doing to preserve our Second Amendment Rights and hope that you will continue to speak as specific bills are introduced in this year's legislative session.

I agree with you that the additional gun control proposals being considered would not have helped in the recent national tragedies, but would have only limited the freedoms of Maryland citizens.

One strategy that actually has been proven to decrease crime and violence is allowing citizens the right to carry guns. This is a right that other states allow, but one that is currently very restricted in Maryland.

While the current climate is threatening our right to bear arms, there was good news for our Second Amendment Rights in Maryland last year. U.S. District Court Judge Benson Legg’s made a decision in March, 2012 where he declared that Maryland’s restrictive policies for issuing guns is unconstitutional.

Since the decision, a federal appeals court has issued a stay on the order that keeps Maryland’s current restrictive concealed-carry gun permit process in place. Maryland's Attorney General Gansler, who is actively raising money to run for Governor, requested the stay and worked to overturn Judge Benson's favorable 2nd Amendment ruling in a federal appeals court. The Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals heard the case back in October, and still has as yet to render a decision.

Regarding specific gun legislation this year, I want you to know where I stand. Below I have provided a summary of the major gun bills with links to the actual bill, a brief description of the bill, and how I intend to vote on the bill.

SB 281/HB 294 – The Governor’s Proposed Gun Control Package – Opposed
HB 107/SB 539 – Limiting the Magazine Capacity of a Firearm – Opposed
HB 131/SB 531 – More Regulations on Storing Firearms – Opposed
HB 38 – Right-To-Carry - Support

Thank you again for writing to me about this important issue. If there is anything I can do to help you in the future, please contact me by email at [email protected] or by phone at 240-329-0293.​

Sincerely,
Neil

Delegate Neil C. Parrott, P.E.
Maryland House of Delegates
6 Bladen Street, Room 320
Annapolis, MD 21401
1-800-492-7122 x3636
[email protected]

District Office Contact
P.O. Box 32 Funkstown, MD 21734-0032
240-329-0293

"Politics ought to be the part-time profession of every citizen who would protect the rights and privileges of free men."

v Dwight D. Eisenhower

I live in Virginia because I don't want to be found dead in Maryland. The main reason that you poor souls in Maryland keep getting saddled with liberals at the top spots is all due to the low information voter. I refuse to believe that more than half of the voting population voted for obama because they want stricter gun control laws and gun confiscation when the time comes. I doubt that 80% of those that voted for him know that his ultimate goal is complete gun confiscation. Many of his ardent supporters try to say otherwise yet there is plenty of evidence around the internet that shows he made those statements publicly. Low information voters enjoy being abused by those they support...they figure one day the abusers will stop hitting them. Then one day they are crushed and can't understand why they were fooled. All they need do is simply search for the truth.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back