Repainted the AR...

AndeyHall

I bought some tactical OD green duracoat in their shake-n-spray kit a while back with the intention of painting my SR1911 since I put black grips on it and just love the OD green/black look. And also because it has no knurling on the frame, I was going to add their soft sand to it to give it some grippy texture. It was also going to work out because I had just bought the CRKT Sting boot knife and I didn't like how slick the handle was, so I figured I'd paint it while I was at it. But then I started getting tired of the tan color I had painted my AR, so I decided to scratch the 1911 for now and paint the AR instead. So first picture is before, second is after, and the last is the CRKT sting. I'm quite pleased.
dasa6apy.jpg
Link RemovedLink Removed

Love the two tone look on the AR. I have always wanted to do my AR but was afraid the coat wouldn't hold up and chip off. Let us know how it does up over time.

Love the two tone look on the AR. I have always wanted to do my AR but was afraid the coat wouldn't hold up and chip off. Let us know how it does up over time.
It along with my .308 have been duracoated with the shake-n-spray kit for almost 2 years now and it's held up flawlessly. And from what I hear about duracoat, it wears in, not out. So as time goes by, the more permanent it becomes.

But thanks guys. If you like the webbing look, you can but the webbing spray from any Michaels. Be sure to tell them you're buying it to paint a rifle. The looks are always fun :D

Stop the bus , how the heck is Michaels ! I need more info that is just what I was looking for . That is awesome got a M1a scout I really want to paint !!!!!

Stop the bus , how the heck is Michaels ! I need more info that is just what I was looking for . That is awesome got a M1a scout I really want to paint !!!!!
Just run to your nearest Michaels and pick you up a can of their "webbing spray". Practice on something first and then go to town. Super easy to do and it dries crazy quick.
Link Removed

Edit: this will give you an idea of the durability of it. I painted this gun about 2 1/2 years ago with the webbing spray and it's been in and out of its holster almost daily as it's been my EDC gun since I bought it. I don't baby this gun or anything and it hasn't offered to chip or anything. The only thing I've noticed is that the thick top layers will eventually wear down to the point that it looks like it's actually in the background. But the lines themselves never go away.
Link Removed

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back