Renewal

wolf_fire

Went online, filled out my renewal... received a post card and was told to report at the Sheriff's office within 30 days.

Went there today... spent 10 minutes in line, dealing with the deputy, getting my photo taken, handing out $20, and wishing them all a Merry Christmas.

Not a bad way to go if you have to have a License to Carry Firearms.

PA doesn't have it all right, but they certainly don't create as many obstacles as I've heard other states have.

Good deal. My renewal in Florida comes in the mail, put a check for $65 and mail it back and I'm good for 7 more years.

Sounds good to me! In Georgia, renewal is basically just reapplying. Same cost, same checks, probate judge signs off on it, etc. Plus, it's only five years. I can't really complain too much, though, because they are cool about it and it's still only about $77.

Good deal. My renewal in Florida comes in the mail, put a check for $65 and mail it back and I'm good for 7 more years.

I like the 7 year license... ours is only 5. Would love a lifetime and be done with having to keep going through the hassle of Constitutional infringement.

I just did my renewal today too, as a matter of fact. $32 for five years. I can renew mine anywhere in Washington state because I am active duty military. Went to Stanwood PD. The receptionist had never dealt with a military renewal outside the 90 day "grace period". My permit expired in June while I was deployed. I gave her a copy of my deployment letter and explained that it was just like an "on-time" renewal, and she checked and said, "Yes, you are correct, thank you for showing this to me so I know how to handle it in the future."

I just did my renewal today too, as a matter of fact. $32 for five years. I can renew mine anywhere in Washington state because I am active duty military. Went to Stanwood PD. The receptionist had never dealt with a military renewal outside the 90 day "grace period". My permit expired in June while I was deployed. I gave her a copy of my deployment letter and explained that it was just like an "on-time" renewal, and she checked and said, "Yes, you are correct, thank you for showing this to me so I know how to handle it in the future."

Welcome back to the states NavyLCDR. Glad your renewal went well.

boy oh boy you guys are lucky. NYS use to be a lifetime permit for carry concealed. now we have this abortion called the safe act. permits are now going to be renewable every 5 years. at this point these jackasses don't have any specifics as to how it will be done other than the NYS police will be handling the application process. that is suppose to start in 2017 or 2018. i probably won't get renewed because i have to be mentally ill to still be living in NYS. again it would probably be cheaper to move than apply for the CCA. i could also try the handicap approach because the taxes here have left me short an arm and a leg. just waiting on the wife right now and then i'm heading to the hills.

Howdy,

I will have to renew in 2014.

To renew I will have to qualify again. Last time it was pretty scary to see people who were getting their CCW permit that didn't know how to load a 5-shot revolver.

Paul

Yeah! I can't wait to renew my government sponsored permission slip next.......
Oh wait! That's right!!!

I don't have to renew sh!t because I live in Vermont!

Whew!!! Got me scared for a second.
Carry on...

Sent from behind enemy lines.

Yeah! I can't wait to renew my government sponsored permission slip next.......
Oh wait! That's right!!!

I don't have to renew sh!t because I live in Vermont!

Whew!!! Got me scared for a second.
Carry on...

Sent from behind enemy lines.

I was wondering when you were going to chime in... lol.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back