Remington UMC 9mm ammo

hogwylde

As we all know, ammo is hard to find, especially in Massachusetts, but I managed to get some in New Hampshire tonight. I could only find 300 rounds (all they had) of Remington UMC and bought them all. My brother said that Remington ammo is typically crap but it has good reviews from what I have read online.

Thoughts?

I've never had issues with Remington ammo. I put 100 rounds of UMC through my .45 with no problems. It's fine for target ammo. For SD purposes, there are better options available IMO.

Might be a slightly dirtier round but I shoot a lot of this in 9mm & .45acp when at the range. Has worked fine and no issues in my glocks or any of the 1911's.

iIf it works in what you shoot you the ammo is fine, sometimes the 9mm can be slightly under powered and may not work in some guns.

I have shot quite a bit of Remington UMC 9 and 40 without a hitch. Like Bill said above... it is a little dirtier.

UMC ammo is the best/cheap ammo I use for target shooting. I buy it in the yellow 250 rd. box when I can find it. Have used 1000's of 9mm in my handguns & carbine with no issues. I've used it in 380 & 45 ACP also.
As far as the 22's, some guns hate it some love it. I use it in revolvers or lever action with no problems.Try CCI for 22 auto's.

I'd tie the UMC with Federal's American Eagle as the best range ammo available, as far as I'm concerned. They are a little dirty, but thousands of rounds of each have gone through my PX4 with zero failures.

At the range just the other day and we shot over 500 rounds of the UMC with one round that had a problem, good primer strike on it but a FTF. The guns were not that dirty at the end of the day either, I have seen much worse with a lot fewer rounds with other brands of ammo.

If you want to see some bad range ammo, try some Fiocchi - I bought a thousand rounds of that garbage for my .40 PX4, the "truncated cone" crap or whatever it's called. One fail-to-feed every five or six rounds, a couple of fail-to-fires mixed in.
And that gun eats everything else on the market, no problem.

I've shot thousands of UMC ammo from Rem. Have not had any issues with it. Tried Herters the other day and the primer caps are brass and because of the thicker metal the primers would not ignite. The firing pin on my Beretta was hitting it hard enough to leave an indent, but round would not fire. I will wait and buy more UMC, will not buy Herters again.

I have not had any problems with Remington UMC that I've shot in .40 & .45 through several different guns in either caliber.

I've found it to shoot a little bit hotter than some other but works fine in my modified glock 17. I'll continue to shoot it because it's easy to find right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back