Remington 870 Build

Purple

Link RemovedLink RemovedLink Removed

Bought a used Remington 870 Express Magnum and removed all the furniture. Replaced the barrel with a Remington 18" Police with Rifle Sights. Added a Blackhawk top folder shock absorbing stock. Added a Archangel aluminum 2 shot magazine tube extension. Added a EOTech light integrated foregrip. Will be probably be adding a shell saddle a bit later. Next stop is tear down, smooth the action out and then send all the metal out to be redone in Cerakote Titanium. This is one of three I plan on building out. Each one will be slightly different and will end up on Gunbroker.

Very cool. How many 2 3/4" shells will the tube hold with the new extension? And how much do you think you'll sell this one for? I'm already wanting to buy it!

Very cool. How many 2 3/4" shells will the tube hold with the new extension? And how much do you think you'll sell this one for? I'm already wanting to buy it!

With the plug out of the magtube and the extension 6+1. This current gun, as is; is about $825 without Cerakote. I will be building others without the EOTech foregrip which was as expensive as the shotgun, and using different stocks. I'll post those up when I get them built this weekend.

Got someone who wants to buy my S12 for $1700 so I'll probably end up selling and buying something like this (if not this one) love the over folding stock and the eotech light pump but 6+1?! Don't know if i can get used to that after using that 20 round drum at the range so much! But this is a very good looking shotgun. If I sell the S12, I'll definitely look into this one.

Last edited:
Link Removed

Two more built today. One on the left is a 870 Express Magnum with Magpul forend, Blackhawk Spec Ops II recoil reducing stock and ATI 2 shot mag tube extension and a 18" bead sight barrel in imp cyliner (2-3/4 to 3"). One on the right 870 Express, Magpul forend, ATI top folder stock and a 18" bead sight barrel in imp cyliner (2-3/4 to 3") and no mag tube extension.

Finished the 870's. I had them all Cerakoted Tungsten H-237, reworked the actions, removed the dimples in the magazine tubes to allow extra rounds to slide into the mag extensions, and Scatter Gun Technology Tactical Followers. Furniture is Blackhawk, EOTech, Magpul and ATI.Link RemovedLink RemovedLink RemovedLink Removed

My incarnation of HD 870. Internals have all been polished up nice runs very smooth. Carries 16 rounds on the outside and 6 in the tube plus one in the chamber. Mesa shell holders one 8 and 4. Trijicon night sights. Wilson combat tube extension. Barrel and receiver where parked I also ported the barrel to keep the muzzle down for faster follow up shots.

Link Removed

I tried to but the 870 for over a month. Every gun store was cleaned out in NYS. Called around. The closest 870 was in Hartford, CT... 2 hours drive. Tactical shotguns and AR's are sold out and there are waiting lists at some gun shops. Suppliers are tapped out so shipments are all backordered. Then I stumbled onto a Mossberg 590 12ga. that someone ordered then never picked-up. 18" barrel, sightmark red dot sights, holds nine rounds. I love it. I even shot some clays with it for a goof.
Reminds me of how ignorant the new NYS gun laws are. They didn't affect this shotgun, which is perfectly suited for mass carnage in the hands of a tool.

My incarnation of HD 870. Internals have all been polished up nice runs very smooth. Carries 16 rounds on the outside and 6 in the tube plus one in the chamber. Mesa shell holders one 8 and 4. Trijicon night sights. Wilson combat tube extension. Barrel and receiver where parked I also ported the barrel to keep the muzzle down for faster follow up shots.

IMO - Porting a pump gun never made any sense to me. If the gun is tuned well, the bolt and carrier will slam back easily on recoil and by moving the action forward your drawing the barrel down back on target. I can see the benefit of porting a semi, but racking the action on a pump back to battery naturally throws me back on target.

Nice looking Maine!!

IMO - Porting a pump gun never made any sense to me. If the gun is tuned well, the bolt and carrier will slam back easily on recoil and by moving the action forward your drawing the barrel down back on target. I can see the benefit of porting a semi, but racking the action on a pump back to battery naturally throws me back on target.

Nice looking Maine!!

From a book point of view I woudl agree. However after doing a friends barrel and seeing first hand how much difference it made I did mine. It really does help with both recoil and follow ups.

Those are some awesome looking shotgun, I been looking for a 870 but nobody have them now but I want give up hope. My birthday is coming soon so if I can find one by then I'm buying it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back