Relocating to WA

Update

Well I have been in the state for nearly 2 weeks now, the wife and kid are settling in nicely. I applied for my WA DL on Aug 17th and received it on the 23rd. I could not get an appointment with the PD until Sept 10th to apply for my CPL. I will update everyone on the wait time, and I will try to remember to ask about using the temp DL as valid ID. Wish me luck!!!

Well I have been in the state for nearly 2 weeks now, the wife and kid are settling in nicely. I applied for my WA DL on Aug 17th and received it on the 23rd. I could not get an appointment with the PD until Sept 10th to apply for my CPL. I will update everyone on the wait time, and I will try to remember to ask about using the temp DL as valid ID. Wish me luck!!!

September 10th for an appointment to apply for a CPL?!? WHAT? You are kidding right? First, that violates state law, RCW 9.41.070:

(1) The chief of police of a municipality or the sheriff of a county shall within thirty days after the filing of an application of any person, issue a license to such person to carry a pistol concealed on his or her person within this state for five years from date of issue, for the purposes of protection or while engaged in business, sport, or while traveling. However, if the applicant does not have a valid permanent Washington driver's license or Washington state identification card or has not been a resident of the state for the previous consecutive ninety days, the issuing authority shall have up to sixty days after the filing of the application to issue a license. The issuing authority shall not refuse to accept completed applications for concealed pistol licenses during regular business hours.

Second, try the county sheriff instead... also RCW 9.41.070:

(13) A person may apply for a concealed pistol license:

(a) To the municipality or to the county in which the applicant resides if the applicant resides in a municipality;

Sept 10th for an appointment for a CPL application is ridiculous.

Sorry, the appointment is to be fingerprinted for the application, not to actually apply (I have the app in hand).

I don't know why I didn't think of trying the Sheriff's Office, I will contact them in the morning.

Sorry, the appointment is to be fingerprinted for the application, not to actually apply (I have the app in hand).

I don't know why I didn't think of trying the Sheriff's Office, I will contact them in the morning.

In addition, your fingerprints can be taken at any LEO agency - it is only the application that must be processed in your county of residence - unless you are active duty military.

Just to update everyone that is interested, I finally was able to get into RPD for my fingerprinting yesterday after having to reschedule twice due to scheduling conflicts with work. I asked about the temp ID and the gentleman (he was a volunteer) did not know if he could accept them or not and the ladies up front could not answer for sure but would advise against accepting them. I was also told by the volunteer that it was his experience that it should only take about 3 weeks to get it in the mail no matter if I had been a resident for the prior 90 days or not.

So here's to finally getting my prints and paperwork in and waiting on my permission slip!

Finally received my CPL in the mail today! Only took about 45 days from the day I submitted my application to RPD, which is better than the 60 it could have been.

My "Wally-Walk" will need to wait until the next week though. LOL

We left the DPRK in 1992. What a relief! You will find living in Free America great after having resided in a Communist country.
You sound like the kind of person we welcome. The ones who want to bring the Progressive Disease and metastasize it here, not so much.
Where will you be living in WA? Seattle is North Santa Monica. The rest is the Western USA.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back