Reliability of CZ pistols?

s0nspark

Talk is Cheap!!
I am considering a CZ pistol and have been looking at the CZ P-07 or P-09. Any thoughts on reliability?

I am used to what I get from Glocks but would not mind a pistol that needed more regular attention to keep running right. I just don't want anything that can't be made reliable :)

I can not tell you the reliability of the two you specified or their other polymer guns but all of the alloy and metal CZs are highly reliable IMHO. In fact my EDC is a CZ P-01 and I have yet to have a FTF or FTE through 4k+ rounds.

I can not tell you the reliability of the two you specified or their other polymer guns but all of the alloy and metal CZs are highly reliable IMHO. In fact my EDC is a CZ P-01 and I have yet to have a FTF or FTE through 4k+ rounds.

Good to know as I have also been eyeing a CZ-75B :) I'm really keeping my fingers crossed for a CZ-97-style pistol in 10mm - that would be the bee's knees IMO.

While that's not likely to happen, I've never read anything negative about a CZ except people aren't happy with the trigger function on some models. There is a guy that posts on THR named Walt Sherril that is fairly knowledgeable about them I'd suggest you head over there and search his name in conjunction with CZ

CZUB is the finest maker of firearms. Period. My carry guns for the last 30 years have been cz75, cz75 compact, cz85, and more recently cz97 and cz P07 is my current primary carry gun. My wife carrys CZ, my dad and both my brothers carry CZ. My CZ 75/85 have the 22cal kadet adapter that lets me use 22ammo ON MY TRIGGER for cheap practice. If you like Springfield XD/XDS arms those are lisc CZUB designs manufactured under lisc by Zastava for Springfield.

My cz have well in excess of 50k rounds through the 75 or the 85 and to get them to fail for training purposes I had to gimmick a magazine by breaking a leg off one of the followers. Now to be fair I do clean better than most and every year I take everything to parade rest (no 2 parts still connected ) and clean and lube everything. As I shoot a lot of Seller & Belloit ammo with lacquered primers the lacquer residue from firing clogging up the extractor this is a good thing to do every 5k rounds or so. If you shoot surplus or milspec ammo you should consider this as well

There was an 97ish in 10mm it was the BrenTen. But so far CZ has not been willing to make 10mm 97 or 10mm kits for them. Yeah I am waiting in line for that too. There have been protypes made up, I would love to find a barrel maker that would make 10mm barrels for a cz97

I ended up with a CZ 75BD ... I love it. The trigger reach is longer than many pistols, which is exactly what I need!

I kind of bought the gun impulsively and only after the fact realized how glad I was that I got the model with the decocker. I do hope CZ releases a 97BD in 10mm - I think all of the Witnesses have thumb safeties.

Anyway, I also picked up a Kadet .22LR adapter kit for it. I'm really looking forward to getting this thing to the range!

:-D

I am considering a CZ pistol and have been looking at the CZ SP-07 or SP-09. Any thoughts on reliability?

I am used to what I get from Glocks but would not mind a pistol that needed more regular attention to keep running right. I just don't want anything that can't be made reliable :)

I have zero hands on experience with CZs but a friend has one and he loves it

One trick that isn't in the manual is for disassembly and conversion, put them on half cock before pressing the slide in line with the disassembly notches being on half cock lines them up perfectly

Welcome to the world of CZub

EAA/Tangifolio make very nice pieces and I wouldn't have a problem with one. Frankly I will probably end up with one with conversion kits. But that said, if CZ had a 10mm CZ97 or conversion kit I would be on it like a duck on a june bug. CZ are just better made and better fitted

Next on my list will probably be a CZ 75D Compact if I can find one for a good price. After that I am considering an EAA or maybe a Baby Desert Eagle. .. or perhaps a CZ 85B.

One thing is for sure - the CZ pattern fits me better than I thought a pistol could. ;-)

I can't comment on the guns you listed but I did have a CZ Rami 9mm polymer and I got rid of it fairly quickly. Could not get through one mag without a malfunction. FTF and feed.

My CZ 2075 alloy frame Rami 9mm is now 5 years old with way over 1000 rounds through it and no issues. Great little gun. Shoots real well.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using USA Carry mobile app

If I buy another gun it will be a CZ! I was at the Great American Outdoor show and they had a display set up where I went over all their guns. Spent a lot of time firing the ones I was interested in and one in particular. All the ones that I was interested in had a great trigger and exceptional reset!
The gun I really want is a CZ75 SDP 9MM. It lists for $1420 but street price should be between $200 and $300 less. I think it is worth saving up for though not too proud to accept donations from anyone here.
This is from their website> > > > > > >

Starting with the lightweight P-01, Angus's crew installs a competition hammer modified to work with the decocker, polishes and smooths the firing pin block and tunes the trigger to 3.5-4 lbs. in SA and 7.5-8.2 lbs. in DA. Riding atop the slide are tritium sights with a Heinie Slant Pro in rear for low drag. Custom interior parts like a solid firing pin stop and trigger pin, extended firing pin and a stainless steel guide rod complete the package.
Had to edit this to save my credibility: I opened with "If I buy another gun"......... We all know how I should have started that sentence. Sorry about that.

Experienced a stove pipe and trigger reset spring break during the same shooting session a few weeks ago. Gun has 5k+ rounds. I'm not overly concern since others have well over 20k without issue. Still bought extra springs just in case, it was fairly easy to replace. I still love it but considering a P-01 as my EDC and the P-07 as a backup HD gun.

I got my first one last week, a stainless CZ75B. Broke it in with 100 rounds of Winchester white box and 50 rounds of critical defense. Had one stovepipe with the Winchester, but the critical defense fed through it just fine.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back