Registrations

zeebea

I bought a few multi caliber stripped AR lowers a while back and got around to building a couple the other night. 300 blackout and 556. When I bought them I filled out the 4473 but the dealer said I had to register them when they are a functioning firearm. I live in MA so I am not totally sure if I have to re register these or not. What if I build 10 uppers for the lowers all in different calibers? Thanks in advance for any input.
By the way I am not a pothead in case that subject comes up.

Sent from my SM-N900V using USA Carry mobile app

The real question is, are you trolling? As far as I know, stripped lowers are considered completed firearms, have serial numbers, and are transferred as "Other Firearm" on the ATF form 4473. 80% lowers are unfinished firearms, do not have serial numbers, and do not require transfer paperwork. That's all I am going to comment for now.

I'm not trolling. They were stripped and did/do have a serial number on them. I want to know so I don't get thrown in jail for some stupid law. Thank you for the response. Anyone else?

You will need to check your state laws. To the best of my knowledge no federal law requires you provided it be for your own use.

Thanks 1-LM I have looked but can't seem to find any real definite answers. Surprise surprise. That is why I posted here.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back