Red Dot placement.

jfjfxray

I'm fairly new to shooting so this might be a stupid question. I just purchased a red dot for my Kel Tec SU 16C and was wondering how to correctly mount it. More specifically where should it be placed in relation to my eyes (near my eyes or further away)? I have about 6-8 inches of picatinny rail. Thanks for any help.

I think this is more of a personal preference. I know in the military, when people are not familiar (and don't have a preference) they teach to keep it back as far as you can. On the M-4, this means right up against the rear flip up sight. The main reason for this is it makes it easy to remember where to put it after it has been removed.
I would say try it out and see what feels comfortable for you. Having it way out from your eye may cause issues at first when you start using it if you're not used to a long eye relief. Good luck, have fun with it, and let us know what you fianlly decide.

You want it as far forward as possible to give you the fastest acquisition of the dot while maintaining your widest field of view.

On an m4 the sight if against the rear flip up sight it (the read sight) will not work army standards says the weapon is dead lined. Yes forward is what u want. So u can utilize both eyes and perpetual vision. Some not all of the sf guys r puting them out on the front hand guard rail. I don't think I would go that far. But do what is comfortable with u. Remember with. Red dot use one eye but keep both open it's hard to get used to but works great especially in close quarters .

Mounted as far forward on the receiver as it would go while maintaining a solid mount.

zikv0p.jpg

I'm fairly new to shooting so this might be a stupid question. I just purchased a red dot for my Kel Tec SU 16C and was wondering how to correctly mount it. More specifically where should it be placed in relation to my eyes (near my eyes or further away)? I have about 6-8 inches of picatinny rail. Thanks for any help.

All the way forward on the rail.

Thanks for the input guys. I tried it at several points on the rail and felt more comfortable with it at the furthest. Once again thanks.

Link RemovedLink RemovedLink Removed

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back