Recoil and groups?

BUmmedic

Chalk it up to shooting in 20 degree weather without gloves, and getting in 250+ rounds of 115gr FMJ target rounds and 124gr (+P) HSTs inside of 30 minutes, but took my new Glock 26 and 19 (both gen 4s) out to run some rounds through them (since it was actually above zero outside) and was surprised by the amount of recoil
I felt. I'm used to shooting XDm compacts and XD-S subcompacts, but the Glocks felt much snappier than I ever recall the others feeling. I even felt like the Glock 19 was worse than the 3.3" XD-S with the HSTs. Lower bore height maybe, but whereas I never really could feel much of a difference between the FMJ and HST, today it was very, very noticeable. Anyone else shoot these two particular lines and notice anything similar? I also felt like my accuracy was way different with the Glocks. Not tightly grouped at all. Felt like I had better trigger control with the Springfields. The 26 was actually shooing decently, but I also shot it first, too... so maybe the cold was getting to me while shooting the 19. Dunno. Was so excited to take the Glocks out and can't help but feel a little disappointed. Was expecting a different experience and results. Guess I'll have to wait until it warms up a bit more and try again.

Also felt like they pinched my pinky quite a bit. Pearce +2 on one of the 26 mags and an x-grip on a 15rd G19 mag for the other. Stock G19 mags when shooting the 19.

Maybe I'm just nit-picking... again, probably a lot to do with the cold and being rushed.

If you were comparing a 9 mm XD to the Glock 23 or 22 (.40), I would say you were on to something. But the 26 and 19 are some of the least snappy guns I have ever fired.

I would most likely chalk your experience to not wearing gloves outside for a half an hour when it was below freezing temperatures outside.

When it is cold, find a good glove that you can shoot with and wear these when you carry as well. I think you will find your experience will be different.

Wasn't snappy with target ammo, but more the noted difference between "snappiness" of the FMJ and HST, which I hadn't previously felt with hundreds of rounds through four other guns (XDm and XDS in 9mm and 45ACP, both firing HST +P loads). Never really felt any difference at all when transitioning, which is why I love that round so much.

Maybe you are like me. Contrary to what you may think, or have heard from the fan boys. Glocks aren't for everyone

I'm with Wolf fire. My old 23 was a snappy little gun but my 26 and 19? nope, never heard that (till now) or felt that but wait for good weather and try them side by side with your others and then decide what you want to do.

Oh yeah... the erratic ejection pattern... same for both of them. Test fire for 26 was April 2013, and 19 was November or December 2013. Threw brass everywhere. Didn't hit me in the face, but several bounced up my arm close by.

I have a 26, 27, 23, 19, and a 31C, of the bunch accuracy is best with the 19, but the 31C is close, the 26 is really my ladys gun, and she's good with it hates the 27, to much muzzle flip, does ok with the 23, when we go to shoot I'l bring 2 of the Glocks and 2 1911s and if I start with a 1911, I'm dead nuts right off the bat, if I start with one of the Glocks it may take maybe a mag full before I group where I should???............its not a big deal, as even when I'm off a little its dam little, just seems strange that with the 45s I'm right where I should be from the start

Maybe you are like me. Contrary to what you may think, or have heard from the fan boys. Glocks aren't for everyone

Didn't want for believe that, but you may be right. XDm feels like an extension of my hand. Glock just doesn't feel that way.

Exactly why/how I ended up with the hated (jealous) by many HK usp compact for edc. Never shot the XD 45 but had one in my possesion and I loved the way it fit my hand. If I had the cashbon hand I wouldn't have let my buddy sell it. oartial to da/sa since that is what I carry and train with. Not against striker fired just tend to not feel as good to me.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back