reciprocity law

geuse 21

Does any one have any info on the latest reciprocity law? I live so close to 2 states that don't recognise my state's permit and doesn't offer non-resident permits.

Little vague what state do you live and what do you want to know? I neighbor a state that won't offer non resident but my Florida covers that state. Just go to the map and float around and try different states that allow non res permits and find the one that aill work. Florida and Utah seem to be that most common

As far as federal-level bills go (which I assume you're talking about), we've got three bills to this end currently making their runs through Congress.
HR 822 was passed by the House in November and currently sits with the Senate Judiciary Committee.
S 2188 (which parallels HR 822 in many ways) hasn't started through the committees in the Senate, yet, and sits with the Senate Judiciary Committee
S 2213 (which differs from both the others by allowing a resident ID from a Constitutional Carry state to operate as a CCW) hasn't started through the committees in the Senate, yet, and sits with (you guessed it) the Senate Judiciary Committee.

This committee might best be described as the place where good gun bills go to die. Its Democrat-majority membership includes big names on the left like Sens. Patrick Leahy, Richard Durbin, Chuck Schumer, Al Franken, and Dianne Feinstein. Most likely, these three bills will die from inactivity without pressure placed on the SJC by voters.

Last edited:
Sorry njsportsman, I live in ne pa literally blocks from ny and nj. I was just curious as to where the bill stands.

According to the NYSRPA, there are three new bills coming up in the assembly dealing with reciprocity. I'm not holding my breath on their chances, but it is a start. The federal reciprocity bill probably stands a better chance.

Well I live in NJ and I can tell you forget it. NY I cannot speak for but I think that's a no go as well. I have a FL non resident and I can carry outside NJ. NJ is not a gun friendly state even to it's own. HR 822 if it makes it out of the senate will not fly here. I am sure the leftys will figure a way out of it. When the assault ban expired we kept it in tact. I just don't see HR 822 meaning anything here because they would have to change CCW laws for it's residents and I don't see that either.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back