Rare Opportunity

dogshawred

Cops Pull Over After Seeing Kids Play Basketball, | The Federalist Papers
~
~
I remember a time as a child it was common for the local police to stop and interact with us kids. He lived in the neighborhood and knew most of us by name, but society was different then, circa 1950's. To see local police take this kind of interest is a good thing, they could have very well hassled them for putting the hoops in the street like they did.
~
This is the kind of CRAP our kids need to put up with from law enforcement. This kind of CRAP could make a big difference in the growth of our youth.
~
For those of you who have something to say about all cops aren't like that, yeah, these 3 seem to be and deserve what they get for being so. We just need a lot more like them.

Kudos to these officers. That was good police work, as important to the community they serve as any other work they do. I'm sure the makeshift basketball court these kids put up was crosswise to some city ordinance or rule somewhere. These officers chose well, did something good, and that community and its police department will be better for it. We do need more folks like this behind the badge, and leadership within departments/agencies that foster this kind of behavior/interaction.

I remember sitting in the back yard eating homemade ice cream with the local patrols at midnight. This was in the early 70's. Always looked forward to them stopping in for a while.

I remember being nine-years-old in the mid sixties getting caught with firecrackers. The cop, who later became chief, lectured us on the dangers and then we finished lighting them under his supervision. He was a great guy.

Kudos to those officers and all like them. Having fun with the kids, and maintaining a presence in the 'hood. Win, win.

Lol... yes we are. Gas at less than half a buck per gallon... New cars retailing under 5K... And businesses you could walk into for a job interview and getting a decision right then and there.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back