Questions about Concealed Carry

DevilDog58

"Swing With The Wing"
I searched on here for the answers to my questions but have been unsuccessful, so maybe someone on here smarter than me can help. I carry a Taurus PT1911 IWB daily. The PT1911 comes with a lower Picatinney (sp) type rail and I want to know if anyone else on here carries this weapon with a light, laser or combo laser/light attached. If so, what type? And what brand of holster do they use? I have not been able to find a holster for this weapon that's IWB and will accept it with a laser or light attached. Thanks in advance.

I'm not familiar with the PT1911, but if it is similar to the PT101, then Kholster, makes an IWB holster for this model with a laser attached. Kholster Holsters: Full Moon Holster, Infinity Tuckable Holsters

If this is not the same model, then you can actually contact Kholster directly and tell them what you have. I've heard they can make whatever you need. All they have to do is make the Kydex mold and attach it to the leather backing.

This is their FAQ page about what they can do if your particular model isn't listed as one of the holsters they make: http://www.kholster.com/faq.php

Good luck to you, and welcome to the forums.

*** Edit -- The PT101 is more like a Beretta 92, so it would not be the same shape and size as the PT1911 which of course is a 1911 style.

Last edited:
while for concealed carry, I tend to not use a rail mounted light or laser, I do carry a tactical light so I can use the light alone without the gun for a number of things at night.

If you want a holster for a gun with a rail mounted device, look at Link Removed He custom makes them to fit what you carry.

Thanks for the response and info, Wolf. I'll definitely check that site out. By the lack of responses compared to Views (433 at last count) I take it that nobody knows of a holster-maker who makes one for a 1911 equipped with a laser or light on the bottom rail.

Well, here's the trick with that. There are so many rail mounted lights, lasers, and combinations of the two on the market, that you're pretty much stuck with a custom molded holster based on your specific weapon configuration, if you want a glove-like fit. I do use a rail light on my PPQ at home. I have one that I can disconnect with a spring loaded attachment, so I can put it on and take it off in a second. If I wear it holstered, I take the light off. I reserve the light mainly for bedside use. I have a Beretta Nano with a laser, but since only two companies make a laser for it (CT and LM) it's easier to find holsters pre-formed for that one.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back