Question

Jewishredneck01

I went to a gun store today and asked the guy about printing, and he didn't know what it was. Then when he showed me the gun, he didn't clear it. Should I be worried?

(I also put this in regular hand gun forum as well sorry for the repetitiveness)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using USA Carry mobile app

Surprised he didn't know what printing is. Also a bit surprised he didn't check the gun. Would I be worried? No, because I know the answers to both. As long as you learn, should be no worries.

I meant that should be about the store in General, or was it just a dumb employee

Sent from my SCH-I605 using USA Carry mobile app

We can't really give any kind of opinion on that because we don't know what store it was or what that particular store's reputation is. I would never rely upon the person behind the counter to be competent in any skill any more in America. Most of them today have to enter the amount of cash you give them and have the computer tell them how much to give you back in change. On any subject matter I do my own research. I read a lot about whatever major item I am purchasing, or the subject I have a question about from several different sources. When I find three or four sources that appear to be reputable saying the same thing about something - that tends to be the opinion I go with. Then I go to the store well armed with my own knowledge and maybe, if I really feel like it, I might ask a salesperson to show me different alternatives to what I think I want, just to see if maybe there is something different I might not have considered. But mostly I only ask them to retrieve the item I want and do whatever paperwork is required - which I second check - and then take my money or my credit card - again second checking to make sure they charged the correct amount and I received the correct change in return.

In the case of the gun store - need to look around and keep your head on a swivel just like at the range. If you feel like you are being placed in danger due to negligent firearm handling then go somewhere else.

ALWAYS follow the #1 rule that I was taught by my Father. Believe EVERY gun you pick up or is handed to you is LOADED!!!!

The gun is only unloaded after you check it yourself!!!

Some responses say take your own measures and it does not matter if the clerk is inept, incompetent, sloppy, or untrained. I take issue with that.

If you happen to be standing about where the barrel is pointing when said clerk hands a loaded gun to an utterly uneducated potential customer, it really does not mean a damn thing if you conclude from circumstance you are about to die (if you notice it). Your skill/knowledge simply does not matter. It HAS to be the responsibility of the gun dealer to make sure his employees are properly trained, and that they are monitored for compliance. It is simply not acceptable to assume the customer knows better.

ALWAYS follow the #1 rule that I was taught by my Father. Believe EVERY gun you pick up or is handed to you is LOADED!!!!

The gun is only unloaded after you check it yourself!!!

This. It's lot safer to assume that the gun is loaded rather than unloaded. Never rely on others to clear the gun, do it yourself.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back