Question regarding transporting ammo across state lines...

timtheref

I am planning to drive down to Tennessee to visit my dad this summer. I live in OH and have my OH CHL which is recognized in all the states I would be driving through. I have a fair amount of ammo for my dad that I am planning to take with me. (I bought bulk packs, and he pitched in for half.) Is there anything I need to know about transporting approximately 700 rounds of various calibers in the trunk of my car? The ammunition is legal in my home state, my destination state, and everywhere in between, to my knowledge. But I didn't know if there were going to be issues related to transport. Any legitimate advice is welcomed. (No, sending the ammo your way doesn't count.) Thanks.

Shouldn't be an issue. I took 200 + rounds from IN to TN not including the 5 in my magazine / clip. lol I think you'd have more problems going from TN to OH (since OH doesn't recognize all states) if you didn't have an OH license... I'm making the trip to Dayton this weekend and will have mine locked in my truck box until I reach my destination.

The secret to not having any issues is to not do anything that will get the attention of the cops.

As a safety precaution, keep it locked in the trunk. However, even if stopped, there should be no problems.

As one poster said though, keep your vehicle in good working order and obey the traffic rules and then there will never be a problem.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back