Question regarding Indiana CCW Application

HelluvaEngineer

Just moved to Indiana for work and am preparing to apply for a CCW permit.

About 9 years ago, as a stupid teenager, I was charged with a non-violent Class C Misdemeanor in Texas (no jail time or probation, only about a $200 fine). The charge and criminal record was sealed when I turned 21 and can only be found by law enforcement. I know this doesn't prevent me from obtaining a permit, but does anyone know if the information on the application is made public? If I disclose the misdemeanor on the application, will a future employer be able to do a 'back door' search and find it? Should I even disclose it since it's been sealed, even though law enforcement can find it?

Thanks

Just moved to Indiana for work and am preparing to apply for a CCW permit.

About 9 years ago, as a stupid teenager, I was charged with a non-violent Class C Misdemeanor in Texas (no jail time or probation, only about a $200 fine). The charge and criminal record was sealed when I turned 21 and can only be found by law enforcement. I know this doesn't prevent me from obtaining a permit, but does anyone know if the information on the application is made public? If I disclose the misdemeanor on the application, will a future employer be able to do a 'back door' search and find it? Should I even disclose it since it's been sealed, even though law enforcement can find it?
Thanks

Indiana's gun licenses are not made public.
As per your past conviction, You should disclose it if it will appear in a NCIC background check. If you don't and it comes up you are likely to be denied for failing to answer the questions truthfully. And I would put money on the fact that they won't deny you if you tell the truth. But if it is sealed are you sure it can be seen by law enforcement? You can check that answer by asking local law enforcement issuing authority before you apply.
One last word of advice. If your county always it you should apply on line and do the finger prints electronically. It will cut the wait time from 60-90 days down to 2 weeks.
Good luck.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back