Question for women...or who know women who carry

dassa75

I'm in Ohio, have a CCW, and having a hard time finding a good way to carry my weapon. Certain types of concealment shirts obviously don't work for reasons that I don't want to get into. Belt holsters may work for me as I don't tuck in shirt...and ankle holsters may work as well, depending on the dress pant I am wearing. Women...or men who know this because of a woman...what works for you? Lately I have just been carrying in my bag but it's frustrating because I can't find something that works for me.

Suggestions?

My wife uses a purse that has a pocket just for the firearm. She loves it. It's a nice leather purse too. You can find them all over. She bought her's at the gun range we go to.
The brand she bought I think was, Gun toting Mama. Or something like that.

My wife uses a purse that has a pocket just for the firearm. She loves it. It's a nice leather purse too. You can find them all over. She bought her's at the gun range we go to.
The brand she bought I think was, Gun toting Mama. Or something like that.

Similar for my wife.

Great video and links. This will definitely help my fiance out in her search as well. She had the same issue as the OP.

My wife carried in a concealed carry purse but didn't like that because if someone goes to mug a women the first thing they go for is the purse so she switched to appendix carry

Sent from Glocknut78's iPhone using Tapatalk

My granddaughters use a Flash-Bang Bra holster... it clips to the center of the bra, and is completely concealed, and she says it is really comfortable, too.

My wife uses a shoulder bag specifically designed for concealed carry. Nice thing about it is the strap has a wire band running through it so a BG cannot cut the strap or break it. Check the gun shows in your area. I suspect they will have a vendor selling such things.

I carry IWB regularly in normal sized clothes with a looser shirt or a light vest as a cover garment. I've also got a thigh holster, an ankle holster on the way, and two 3Speed holsters. And a purse as backup.

Also check out the different holster videos on the Well Armed Woman web site. There's a video for most types of holsters.

Holster Videos

And they have a large selection of holsters for women. I've got several from there.

Holsters

My granddaughters use a Flash-Bang Bra holster... it clips to the center of the bra, and is completely concealed, and she says it is really comfortable, too.

I own a Flashbang holster for my Ruger LCP. It's a really small gun, but I still have issues. At the risk of providing too much information: I was told that if you are less than a B cup it won't work well. I am a C cup and I still have issues. The whole point is supposed to be is that the bigger the "shelf" (distance between your chest and your waistline) the better it will conceal. My issue is that the grip of the gun ends up jutting out and makes a little pointy object sticking out of my shirt.

After saying all of that, I know a lot of people who love the Flashbang. I seem to be in the minority.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back