Question for CCW Instructors/Those Knowledgeable in the law; FL Specific.

falcon7

Hello All, here is my situation:

I currently live in NC and have a resident CCW Permit.

I'm considering a new job in a state that doesn't allow concealed carry.

However, I'd like to get a non-resident Florida CCW Permit so I can still carry in CCW-friendly states.

Does anybody know if it is possible to obtain a FL non-resident CCW Permit without having to take a CCW training course again? Basically, since I've already went through the process once and it's still valid I'm hoping I can just fill out the forms and pay the fee.

If not, no big deal.

I'm planning on calling the FL Dept of Agriculture and asking about this but I figured I'd throw it up here for discussion first in case I encounter any static.

Any help and input would be greatly appreciated.

I don't recall seeing an "expiration" on the training certs that FL recognizes.

Another option would be to get an AZ permit instead of FL. It is about half the cost of FL at $60 and you can use you NC permit to satisfy the training requirements. Can do the whole process thru the mail...averaging a 2 week turn around.

I don't recall seeing an "expiration" on the training certs that FL recognizes.

Another option would be to get an AZ permit instead of FL. It is about half the cost of FL at $60 and you can use you NC permit to satisfy the training requirements. Can do the whole process thru the mail...averaging a 2 week turn around.

Thanks for the info! :)

I looked into it and it seems the AZ non-resident permit isn't valid in FL but the FL non-resident permit IS valide in AZ?

Any time I take a vacation it's usually to Florida so I don't think the AZ permit is going to work out for me. I'm going to have to call my CCW instructor and the Dept of Ag in FL.

Thanks for the info! :)

I looked into it and it seems the AZ non-resident permit isn't valid in FL but the FL non-resident permit IS valide in AZ?

Any time I take a vacation it's usually to Florida so I don't think the AZ permit is going to work out for me. I'm going to have to call my CCW instructor and the Dept of Ag in FL.

correct. FL doesn't honor ANY non-resident permits.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back