Purchasing ammo online

mg1cigar

As hard as it is to purchase ammo in the stores, have any of you ever purchased ammo online? If you have and had good success, can you guide me in to a trust worthy website?
I'm seriously thinking about it, but when I Google "PURCHASE AMMO ONLINE" here's what the count is "About 4,270,000 results (0.30 seconds)"
I need a reliable website and also good reviews before I send my money out there.
Thanks,
Mike

Go to ARMSLIST.com and enter your state, and if you prefer fewer results but closer transaction- enter your city as well. There are three types of transactions on here- for sale/trade and wtb which is others looking for an item. This is the Craigslist of firearms- so you want to do face to face transactions only- unless they are a business. I do national searches bc business posts on here as well. And when they do- they have a website that allows me to enter my credit card online. Thus allowing them to ship to me - or a gun to my FFL.

All the above are very good suppliers. I also use Ammunitiondepot.com and also gunbot.net/ammo. Now GunBot.net will search for the lowest price ammo and list different websites according to price. GeorgiaArms.com has excellent ammo both new and reload but they are so far backed up, they had to stop selling to the public online.

Have purchased online from a number of different vendors. Have not had a single problem. Some are slow to ship, but they say that up front, and their shipping estimates have been accurate, some are quicker.

I have purchased ammo on line from several vendors, and never had a problem. Then yesterday I did, but only because I was laughing so hard I couldn't see! Cabela's had .22lr for $7.99 a box, limited to 1 or 2 boxes of 50 rounds, and the shipping waas $14.95! Even if I needed it, $22.94 for a box of .22's is a little steep!

I've bought online from about 6 different vendors. Usually have to order larger quantities so the shipping doesn't turn a good price to bad. This usually means that 500 rounds is a minimum quantity to be cost effective. Got a case of 9mm last week and shipping was $19. Shipping was actually less than the sales tax would have been if been able to find it locally at what was a good price.

Didn't pull the trigger on a 200 round (4 box max) of .40 where shipping would be $15, as 7.5¢ per round for shipping just took the deal out of the deal.

Another two I have ordered from are Pelmetto State Armory and Midway USA.

Cheaper Than Dirt has inflated their prices.

Sent from my Kindle Fire HD.

Ah. Somebody else who likes cigars, nice!

Right now you won't find a lot online of offline. But any of the the big companies like MidayUSA, Cabelas, Sportman's Guide, Military Shooters Supply, Gander Mountain etc will work just fine. I have ordered both ammo and cigars online for years.

I found this site to have one of the best in prices in all the sites I have visited. Link Removed I can get British 303 ammo for my Lee Enfield for $14.00 a box vs $23.00 at some of the other stores. I have also used Shop Shooting Supplies | Reloading | Gunsmithing | Hunting gear ? MidwayUSA and Cheaper Than Dirt - America's Ultimate Shooting Sports Discounter

Though nowadays you pretty much have to sign up for them to notify you when they get ammo in and then jump on it when you get a e-mail before it's all gone again.

Eric

Bulk Ammo comes highly recommended by guys at work. Shop Shooting Supplies | Reloading | Gunsmithing | Hunting gear ? MidwayUSA sells the Speer Gold Dot ammo that sells out so flipping fast but is very highly recommended. There are a ton of others but I hear that buying ammo at a local store like Walmart can save you a lot of money. The only problem is that you have to get there quickly after a delivery and you never know what they will have in stock until you see it there.

As hard as it is to purchase ammo in the stores, have any of you ever purchased ammo online? If you have and had good success, can you guide me in to a trust worthy website?
I'm seriously thinking about it, but when I Google "PURCHASE AMMO ONLINE" here's what the count is "About 4,270,000 results (0.30 seconds)"
I need a reliable website and also good reviews before I send my money out there.
Thanks,
Mike
have you ever bought anything online? if yes the process is exactly the same as any other thing you would buy online except that you will need to sign for delivery for the ammo

I just purchased 200 rounds of 45 of Natchez and received it in less then a week. I have purchased several lots of ammo from then and there prices are pretty good :laugh:

have you ever bought anything online? if yes the process is exactly the same as any other thing you would buy online except that you will need to sign for delivery for the ammo

NO! you do NOT have to sign for ammo delivery. I have received dozens orders from a number of different vendors, delivered by both UPS and FedEx, and they just set it on the porch. Got a case delivered earlier this week.

NO! you do NOT have to sign for ammo delivery. I have received dozens orders from a number of different vendors, delivered by both UPS and FedEx, and they just set it on the porch. Got a case delivered earlier this week.

oh, ok, I stand corrected, did I get anything else right?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back