Purchasing a Handgun in NC with SC Pistol Permit

Timothy Bryant

Avoidinyew
Well I posted this under another topic a few days ago so thought I'd post here to hopefully get a little more visibility. I recently put my Beretta Storm Subcompact up on Armslist and have received an email from an interested party. Upon communicating with this individual he told me he has a SC Pistol Purchase Permit only and recently did an Armslist sale with another individual by obtaining a bill of sale and using a SC Permit. My question is this - am I legally able to sell this individual my firearm with the SC Pistol Permit even though I am a resident of NC? This individual currently lives in NC but doesn't have a local purchase permit.

For any who may be interested I had to ride out to the Cumberland County Law Enforcement Center to update my Concealed Carry address and decided to ask the question while I was there. According to the lady working in the office I must obtain either a NC Pistol Purchase Permit or copy of their CCP and a bill of sale so my transaction was a no go.

If you SELL a firearm to a person in another state it can only be transferred to them through a FFL. You can send it to the FFL but NOT to the person.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back