Purchase a firearm in GA..

kdotjarv

Kwame J.
Not sure if this belongs here but... I'm traveling to GA soon, am I able to purchase a firearm in GA and bring it back to FL with me? I'm a FL resident with a permit.

Oh wow that sucks but THANK YOU VERY MUCH. I don't understand that law at all though. My FL permit is honored in GA, if I'm not mistaken. So I am able to bring my handgun with me from FL to GA, right?

You can carry into GA plus most others, just make sure you follow GA rules as they are bound to be different from FL.

I was planning to do some Christmas shopping for a gun for my daughter while down there in Florida. I live in Georgia, but I work all of November and December in south Florida. From my understanding of Federal law, you can buy a gun in any state that you visit, however, they will have to ship your purchase to an FFL dealer in your home state. You might want to consider doing that anyway, because when I was comparing average prices, it looked like prices in Florida were anywhere from $75 to $100 more for the same gun as from say Georgia or Texas. And what you will save in sales tax should make up for the FFL charge. Add to that, a lot of dealers will ship for free to make the sale. I would do a search for the gun that you want on slickguns.com.

Link Removed

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back