Proof of 10 year residency. I'll. CCW

Foxtail

Anyone know of a form to use to prove 10 year residency? Attach copies of tax returns showing address? I don't keep bills past 7 years. Just another hurdle to jump. The digital ID is a joke also.

So what happens if you don't prove the 10 year residency to their satisfaction? You get the non-resident permit?

You could prove this easily by going to the tax office and having them provide a record of your local tax history, that is if you don't have it on file yourself. Same thing goes with state tax, property tax, federal tax. All of these would show your residency.

You don't have to be a resident for ten years, you just need to list every place you've lived for the past ten years:

(1) the applicant's name, current address, date and
year of birth, place of birth, height, weight, hair color,
eye color, maiden name or any other name the applicant has
used or identified with, and any address where the
applicant resided for more than 30 days within the 10 years
preceding the date of the license application;

From "The Act" as listed on the ISP site:
https://ccl4illinois.com/ccw/Public/AboutTheAct.aspx

If you've lived where you are for ten years, that's one address. When they run the background check, they'll know it.

They just want a "recent" history to make sure you aren't a felon, domestic abuser, etc from another area. If you list an out of state location, they'll check with the agencies in that area.

In MN you have to list all the places you have lived for the past 10 years also. This was easy for me since I have lived at my present address for the last 19 years. It is just like ScottMac said. They just want a list of places you have lived. Be sure to list them all. If you do not you will most likely get denied and they will keep the fee. Then you will have to refile and pay another fee. Some states may allow the first fee be applied to an appeal but with ILL broke I would not trust them at all.

I was born and raised in ILL and do know how they work things. Since Rahm Emanuel is the Mayor of Chicago, and really runs the state, he is asking every road block to be put in place to stop issues of CCLs!

Chill out until the applications are available. Should be ~20 more days.

Chances are you won't have to "prove", will only have to list on the documents prior addresses which is SOP for most any government form or credit application.

Illinois is my "home state" but I was able to "escape" the open prison known as Downstate Illinois, dictated by Mayor Daley, the elder, about 40 years ago. It took 30 years of political work to get CCH in Kansas in 2006. The first licenses were issued in 2007.
The Kansas law as originally passed required six months residency in Kansas before the application could be submitted and you had to be a US Citizen.
Kansas laws was amended every year, to simplify and widen the CCH license. Now, legal resident aliens can get a license in Kansas and you can apply for a license the same day you become a Kansas resident, which means having an address and getting a KS drivers license. [register to vote at same time.]
Illinois was forced to pass a concealed carry law by a federal court, the Chicago Gang is loath to give up their power and thus the first version of the law is more restrictive than it will be if Illinois residents and CCH license holders from other states work to get the law amended in their favor. Kansas now recognized a license from any other state, there are no criminal penalties for walking past a "no gun/weapons sign" and renewal is $25 for four years, all done by registered mail.
So, the job isn't finished, if you live in Illinois, get copies of the laws from other states [they are all on the Internet] and study them to find what you like. Then go to your State Rep and sit down to discuss the revisions wanted.
On my last visit it was nice to be able to drive across the Mississippi River with my loaded gun still holstered. When I got to my mother in laws house, it was nice to be able to get out to unload bags without having to disarm. At my friends property I had been given permission to carry , so the only time I had to be unarmed was when going to lunch.
I expect that when a 500,000 or more Illinois residents become a voting block, the law will change for the better.

You shouldn't have to live in a state for over 10 years to get a permit to possess or carry a fireearm. This sounds unconstitutional to me, and should be challenged in court.

You do not need "proof" in documentation. You just need when applying to include your last 10 years of residency. It was released to Instructors today and when entering your address information you need enter how long you have lived at your primary address. If it is NOT 10 years you have to enter your previous addresses.

I completed the application yesterday and the word "proof" is being confused with the word "provide". You don't need to PROVE, you just need to PROVIDE your addresses of residence for the last 10 years. Pretty simple and painless.

You shouldn't have to live in a state for over 10 years to get a permit to possess or carry a fireearm. This sounds unconstitutional to me, and should be challenged in court.

You don't have to live in the state for 10 years. Off the top of my head I think it's only something like 60 days. I am too lazy to look it up right now but "resident" is defined. You just have to show your addresses for the last 10 years and nothing about that means you couldn't have just moved into IL.

You don't have to live in the state for 10 years. Off the top of my head I think it's only something like 60 days. I am too lazy to look it up right now but "resident" is defined. You just have to show your addresses for the last 10 years and nothing about that means you couldn't have just moved into IL.

Fair enough. It is Illinois, though, so I wasn't entirely sure. They're known for doing stupid things in legislation.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back