Prefered concealed carry position

cjtpilot

What is your prefered carry position? IS it IWB holster, shoulder holsters, appendix carry? also why do you have that preferance?

Concealed carry position

It is personal preference, Mine is a ankle holster with a S&W 38 special

I carry at 8:00 (lefty) in a Mitch Rosen or Dragon Leather pancake holster. The pancakes are more comfortable for me and as long as I wear my shirt tail out or have something over it, they conceal just fine. The average sheep isn't going to notice anyway.

I don't yet have my CCW license and am still limited to open carry. Since I'm still a newbie, I'm very much interested not only on position but also holster type/brand for the different positions. I work in an office and appendix carry would get uncomfortable, but feels like a more comfortable draw to me. I've tried 3 and 5 o'clock, but it just feels unnatural. Thoughts?

I carry Old Faithful IWB at 3-4 o clock for full size 1911. Bianchi Shoulder holster for S&W Model 57. Depends on mood and where I'm going.

I carry IWB at about 5:00, with various holsters. My Rhino is in a Winthrop leather holster (thinking of switching that, though), my M&P Shield is in either a 3Speed or an Alien Gear. I very much want to try appendix, but don't have a holster that works there yet. Or pants. It might be the pants.

I carry IWB anywhere from 2 (appendix) to 4'ish depending on what else I'm wearing. Always in my Crossbreed.

In colder weather the firearm moves to the Napoleon pocket in my coat(s) in a Galco pocket holster. Not really a fan of that kind of carry, but getting under the coats I wear is a PITA.

Sig 1911 Ultra in an IWB custom holster @ 4 o'clock. Also a spare mag on the left side in a small pouch that my Leatherman came in.

I generally carry OWB at 2:30-3:00 with a Serpa Blackhawk. When on duty, I also have my gun OC at the same position (Safariland double retention holster). Therefore, since I am trained with muscle memory to go to that position, when I carry IWB I also have it at that position using a Kholster Infinity Tuckable.

Glock 22.

I carry with an outside belt holster which I find most comfortable and easiest access. I've tried all other methods including ankle holster and for me this is the best.

Glock 20 or 29, carried appendix in a JM Custom kydex holster...

I've tried carrying behind the hip but it just doesn't work for me - I prefer appendix for the ability to carry a larger gun, better concealment, control over the gun/holster and what is for me a more natural drawstroke.

I've had to lay off the hugging though LOL

My first choice would be the 1940's gangster movie style. In a trenchcoat pocket with my hand on the gun all the time. Unfortunately, that would be a little conspicuous in southeast Texas, so my SA XDM-45 4.5" (13+1 rds of .45ACP; my reload is already in the gun!) is in an IWB at 3:30-4 o'clock. Kydex is my preferred holster material, as it is thinner and doesn't absorb perspiration.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back