Pre-ban AR-15 30rd Mags

Darkwolf

I am looking for several Pre-ban AR-15 30rd Mags. Anyone have any idea where any can be found? Thanks.

If it was that easy I would have done it. I can not find any in stores near me. That is why I put out post to see if anybody could point me towards someone who did have them.

Most magazines do not have a manufacture date on them. If it is steel, with no mfr date then when was it made? I there are a few gun stores in the Worcester area that sell them often. Usually about 35 to 40. I have a bunch of 20 rnd mags so I have not bought any. I know a person who went to new Hampshire and bought a bunch of steel 30 rnd mags and brought them here. I guess it would depend on your poker face if asked?

Sent from my SM-N900V using USA Carry mobile app

Have a friend in another state by them and ship them to you. The friend might want to leave a return address off the box. I know several people who have done this.

How does one prove with certainty that a mag was made before 1994? Just wondering since they don't have serial numbers.

How does one prove otherwise? I'm pretty sure the plastic ones are all new though.

When you are talking about "pre ban" magazines, are you talking about the ones that are marked, "For Government And Law Enforcement Use Only"? I believe those are considered post ban.

If you are not "government or law enforcement " they are illegal. This is where common sense plays a pretty big part.

If you are not "government or law enforcement " they are illegal. This is where common sense plays a pretty big part.

Absolute nonsense. All the, "Government Use Only", markings mean is the weapon or magazine was produced during the Federal Assault Weapons Ban of 1994. That ban expired in 2004, and any weapon or magazine that was manufactured during that time, which was so marked is perfectly legal for any citizen to buy, sell, own, and trade since the ban expired 15 years ago. Below is one of my Bushmaster M-4 Carbines, along with 2 Colt AR-15's. A 6920 Law Enforcement Carbine, and a 6940 Monolith. You can clearly see where the lowers are marked, "Restricted Law Enforcement Government Use Only"......... "Restricted Military / Government / Law Enforcement / Export Use Only". I purchased all of them new in the box from Davidson's through my local dealer back in 2005. There is nothing "illegal" about any of them. In fact, some collectors find these markings more desirable, and are willing to pay more for weapons and magazines so marked.

Since that ban expired some states have instituted their own state bans like Massachusetts and California. Some have "grandfathered" Hi-Cap magazines in, while others like Massachusetts have given owners of these magazines a year to get rid of them. That came after the Federal ban expired in 2004. The markings themselves have absolutely nothing to do with the legality of the weapon or magazine one way or the other. A 30 round magazine is a 30 round magazine regardless of how it's marked. The only issues one might encounter from having this marked on a weapon, is if they ran into an LEO who is as uninformed as you are. You need to do a little research before you start posting this type of nonsense. You have shown exactly how misinformation is spread in these type of matters.

No **** sherlock. The point is he lives in ma which has an "assault weapons ban" which makes ANY magazine produced after the ban was introduced illegal to own unless you are Military or law enforcement! Since the plastic mags were to the best of my knowledge not made yet in 94 that means that any plastic mag in your possession in ma would be illegal. Regardless of Wether it has a dom or not. But because they made steel mags since the beginning as long as they do not say "military or law enforcement " then they would have to prove they are new mags and not old. I am not sure why this confuses you so much.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back